PDA

View Full Version : Hourly Rate Per man Per Hour

hickory
05-26-2004, 05:28 PM
Is the standard still about $35 per man per hour for maintenance? 41 Per hour for Landscape construction?

o-so-n-so
05-26-2004, 09:20 PM
yep, thats pretty much it if you have the standard equipment, work the standard # of employees, have standard managing skills and are dealing with standard customers.

I personally charge according to my overhead or operating cost. For example if I need to make 50.00 pmh to operate at a profit, I would be crazy to work for 35.00 pmh.

I think you should know your G and A overhead cost. Determine how much ole self wants to make and go from there. Your market area makes a difference as well. If your set up at 50.00 pmh to survive and people are not willing to pay that price......your in trouble.

pimpin aint easy..................................

Your father could proplaby answer your question as good as anyone here on this site...........go ask him and see what he says.

jwholden
05-26-2004, 10:17 PM
Depending on the neighborhoods you are in it could be more for where you are located. Labor and supplies cost more down that way!

sgtgm5
05-27-2004, 06:47 PM
They say the going rate is 35 per man hr. Im at 40 and sticking to it. Seems to be the going rate around hamden, new haven area. Down that way I would think of it being arond 45-50 per man hr. Decide what you need to make to operate and try to be competitave at the same time.

hickory
05-27-2004, 08:38 PM
Even though there is a lot of money in lower Fairfield County there is a lot of competition so it makes it difficult to get jobs you price out in the area. There are a lot of illegal aliens that take work away from those that pay insurance and workmans comp. I think northern Fairfield county and where you are operating is the next place to make money. People that have a little money are moving to the area because the realestate prices are not allowing them to purchase a home in lower Fairfield County or Westchester. These homeowners work in NYC, Westchester County, or Greenwich have no time to Landscape/maintenance nor do they have the knowledge. Just my opinion.