PDA

View Full Version : List Pricing

Brento
06-03-2000, 05:59 PM
I finally decided that I am going to buy a Exmark Turf Tracer HP, 48", with 17 hp Kaw. engine. However, all of the dealers within 30 miles are insistent about charging list prices. Whatever it says in the book, that is what they are charging. For this mower, they are charging $4799. Does anyone know of how I can get them to come off this price? Anyone else having the same problem?

Charles
06-03-2000, 08:08 PM
Our local kubota/exmark dealor will not negociate prices either. No answer as to how to make them do it either because they sell so much doing business that way. And too he sends out his beautiful daughter with the short shorts on and u forget about price anyway hehe<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: Charles

columbiaplower
06-04-2000, 02:10 PM
thats close to what i paid for my turf tarcer 60in<br>a bit high i think

thelawnguy
06-04-2000, 02:18 PM
Unfortunately if folks are buying at that price you are SOL in getting a break.<p>I have found that, if you can wait, your best discounts are had with in-stock units after July 4, when sales of lawn equipment taper off, no dealer wants to be stuck with floor-planned inventory thru the fall and winter season.<p>Bill

DMC300
06-05-2000, 07:54 AM
I've never paid list for anything,including blades and other replacement parts.Thats the good thing about competition in FL.there is a dealership every 10 miles or so.<p>----------<br>DON<br>LIANNES' MOWING

carlsmower
06-07-2000, 05:21 PM
brento,<br>do you ever negotiate on the price you charge your clients?? don't you think your dealer does anything to help you out?<p>----------<br>jml<br>

grasscapeinc
06-07-2000, 06:08 PM
Exmark contacted me last night and told me they will allow dealers to drop prices for a couple of weeks. Exmark does not allow dealers to sell for less than a specified amount, untill allowed.

Toroguy
06-07-2000, 06:44 PM
Brento,<br>Bill &quot;thelawnguy&quot; has the right idea if you can wait. It is similar to auto shopping....the new models are out so the dealer fire sales the remaining stock, you may not get the electric start but you should get a deal.<p>Either way enjoy your new mower.

mowerconsultant
06-07-2000, 10:57 PM
grasscapeinc,<br>exmark them self called you ?<br>i find this hard to believe.<br>seeing how we dealers dont hear from them much.<br>we buy through a distributor, all dealers do that sell exmark.<br>dealers can sell for any price they would like, and at any time of the year.<br>most areas though are strong price areas, some are not.<br>dealers in some areas work with the distributor they buy from, and hold list price. this is considered illegal in some ways, but it happens none the less.<br>i could post 2000 exmark distributor to dealer price sheets here and you would be surprised to find out that we dealers are not making what you think we are.<br>just some items i thought you would find interesting.<br>later.<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: mowerconsultant

grasscapeinc
06-08-2000, 09:35 PM
I know someone there

steveair
06-08-2000, 09:46 PM
Hello,<p>I was looking at the same mower. I stopped in my dealer about 3 months ago and he quoted me a price of around $3800. After talking to others, I've gotten prices in the same range as you though. I don't know why the price was so low (maybe time of year, over inventory, etc.) but thats what it was. He also quoted me a price for a scag 48 ultimate hydro, and that was 3800 about too, (a low price also) so it wasn't a mistake. The owner himself gave me the price too, so it wasn't a salesmen blunder either. <p>If you ask me, the price sound real high. I think this is one of those 'supply and demand&quot; related issues. Never understood how prices could vary so much. Try and shop around some more. If I got the price I did, then there must be something going on here. <p>P.S. - I'm in NJ, not to far away from you. If you want, maybe I can give you the dealers name. It may be worth the short trip from CT for you. Don't know if the price is still good though. I'm gonna call tomorrow.<p><br>steveair<p><p>&lt;font size=&quot;1&quot;&gt;Edited by: steveair<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: steveair