PDA

View Full Version : MSMA label question.

GBCS
05-27-2004, 10:28 PM
Could someone please explain the "washed into the soil" part in the non-agricultural use requirements regarding children in pets? Thanks..

Ric
05-28-2004, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by GBCS
Could someone please explain the "washed into the soil" part in the non-agricultural use requirements regarding children in pets? Thanks..

Keep Children and Pet off of Treated surface until dry or washed into the soil.

It sound pretty self explanatory to me. If the irrigation comes on and washes the product into the soil then it is safe to walk on. Now how long does it take to wash into the soil is anyones guess. Now how effective will it be if you run irrigation on before it dry?? Depends on time and the rate of AI and the plants ability to absorb MSMA.

GBCS
05-28-2004, 10:51 AM
Ric, thanks for the info. I do not see the "or until dry" on the label. It does say not to water for at least 24 hours after app. I was just wondering if everyone that applies MSMA instructs the homeowner with children and pets to wash the product in after 24 hours?

Ric
05-28-2004, 11:05 AM
GBCS

I work on St. Augustine exclusively and MSMA is not labelled for it. In Fact Golf Courses use it to keep St Augustine from creeping on to the course. Now any post emerge Herbicide should not be watered in. Pre Emerge yes water in. I irrigate the next day after all application. Depending on the product I irrigate the same day.