PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on my flier!

GROPROS_04
05-29-2004, 07:52 PM
New flier I just started putting out. It is mid season should I change it or leave it alone? I also printed the flier in black and white because of cost issues. Any feedback would be helpful. Its off center because of the way it scanned!

GROPROS_04
05-29-2004, 07:58 PM
Forgot the file!

wonderwoman
05-30-2004, 03:38 AM
hey thats pretty neat

o-so-n-so
05-30-2004, 08:21 AM
I think you need to rethink the whole thing.

A flier should offer a special, a discount to a specific service. You want to generate business with a flier.

Have you some nice tri fold color brochures made with photos. In this brochure you want to be informative. List all your services and some photos of your work. Quotes from some of your customers and so on. Inform the potential customer.

Brochure to inform, insert a flier for a special offer on a service. If you wanted to promote clean ups, you might offer a free dump fee within a certain radius.

googleplex
05-30-2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by GROPROS_04
I also printed the flier in black and white because of cost issues.

Gropro,

I would use colored paper. It only costs an extra 1/2 cent (from my printer at least)
I think colored is more eye-catching - and people have to read the flier before they'll call you.

D Felix
05-31-2004, 09:53 AM
I don't understand why you think you need to list all of your services. If people aren't smart enough to figure out that "Landscape Design, Installation, and Maintenance" includes everything that you said above, then I probably don't want to work for them.

Seems as if everyone around here has a list of services, I still can't understand it. What happens if someone wants you to (this may or may not fit, but it's all I can think of this early) remove a bunch of shrubs for them and re-seed with grass? They don't see "Shrub Removal" listed, nor do they see "Lawn seeding" in that list of services. That sets off a bell in their mind saying you don't do that kind of work. Hmmmm, then they don't call you. See what I'm getting at?

I'm not trying to beat up on you, just trying to understand why people feel the need to list a long, long list of services that most likely won't get read anyway. Trust me, I've seen some longer than that.

Just put "Landscape Design, Installation and Maintenance" and put some sort of special offer on it.

Dan

The C Man
05-31-2004, 10:37 AM
I've used the phrase "yard and outdoor services" to try to cover the range of things I do.

GROPROS_04
05-31-2004, 05:54 PM
Thanks for the feedback on the flier. Per your advice I think that I am going to change it up alittle but. I got 500 of those fliers printed so I am going to pass themout still just for the sake of people seeing my company name! And then hit the area again with what you all suggested. thanks

Ice_Gargoylle
05-31-2004, 08:42 PM
GRO PRO, its a good idea to use a different font for your business name. its helps it stand out better.

remember when designing anything- the readers eye goes from topleft to bottom right, so plan accordingly.

GROPROS_04
06-01-2004, 01:58 AM
Thats the info that I need Ice does anyone know of a website that is informative about techniqes in advertising!

Team Gopher
06-01-2004, 10:05 AM
Hi GROPROS_04,

An idea you can consider is make two different flyers. Change only one element of the flyer and test them in different areas. See which flyer works better and then repeat this process.

If you do this, let us know what you find.

ShadyTree
06-01-2004, 02:14 PM
You also might want to tell them alittle about your business and background, just so they know what they are getting into. So it shows them your just not starting up and you have knowledge of your profession