PDA

View Full Version : neighborhood profile demographics?

GROPROS_04
05-30-2004, 02:11 AM
What do you guys thinks of using demographic info for targeting certain neighborhoods in advertising. I found a web site that all you have to do is punch in a zip code and it will give you a run down of all kinds of info pertaining to that zip code! Is this a good idea just to have the info. or a waste of time? Just something that I though is interesting.

Tider6972
05-30-2004, 03:14 AM
What's the URL of the site...I'd like to check it out....sounds a if it could be a help!

D Felix
05-30-2004, 11:27 AM
Unless it's broken down by streets/roads, I don't think it would be very usefull.

For instance, my zip code covers everyone in my township. That means there are families making next to nothing and families that are probably in the six figure range. From renters to farmers owning many hundreds of acres.

The county seat has one zip code as well. Again, very wide range of incomes and properties.
So, for our use, I doubt it would be very effective. And unless you are paying for the service, I would question the validity of the info. You could probably find the same thing on the US Census site.

Just my $.02....

Dan

GROPROS_04
05-31-2004, 02:37 AM
The URL is Bestplaces.net! I thought that it would be a good idea to just survey the info. Your right Felix, for a small county it wouldn't be as effective but for someone in a large city I think it would give them a general idea of what areas to target! For example this site will tell you the % of people that own there home vs. those who rent in a certain zip code. I would think that would be good info because those who rent homes rarely want to landscape the property and have it come out of there pocket. Those that do own there own homes look at our work as an investment towards there home that could raise property value. I know I would want to target an area with greater home owners vs. renters. It also gives other useful info like median home value, income, things of that nature! check it out its useful to the extent of how creative you can be with the information. I wouldnt say that its the answer to problem of pin point marketing for those with little marketing capital.