PDA

View Full Version : tree stumps disintegrater

DowntoEarthLLC
05-30-2004, 10:15 AM
Anyone ever used this tree stump disolver product?

Supposed to be gone in a couple of weeks?

How well does this stuff work?

TREEGODFATHER
05-30-2004, 10:25 AM
I've yet to see anything that beats good old grinding.

Couple of weeks? Sounds very unlikely; and even if true, don't you wonder what they could put in it to make them go away so fast? Surely nothing I'd want on MY property!

Turboguy
05-31-2004, 10:41 AM
Here is what the Philadelphia Daily News had to say on the subject.

Anyway, forget "concoctions." Turns out that those stump-killer, stump-remover, stump-decayer, stump-dissolver products just don't work. In fact, last I heard, there was a move to try and take them off the market for false advertising. But you DO have a number of GREAT options:

Their "great options included a raised flower bed over the stump but no way to get rid of the stump.

I will throw out the pathway to riches to someone. Cultivate termites. Sell a bottle of termite eggs on the internet. You drill a hole in the stump, pour in the eggs and it has to be a better alternative than the dissovler concoctions and look at the long range benefit it will be to the pest control people. :blob3: When you make your million with that idea you owe me a steak dinner.:)

DowntoEarthLLC
05-31-2004, 03:56 PM
[When you make your million with that idea you owe me a steak dinner

OUTBACK it is. :blob3:

Ric
05-31-2004, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by TREEGODFATHER
I've yet to see anything that beats good old grinding.

Couple of weeks? Sounds very unlikely; and even if true, don't you wonder what they could put in it to make them go away so fast? Surely nothing I'd want on MY property!

Stump grinder is the only way to go for fast removal. However I have used Coal and a # 10 can to burn them out. Use self starting Charcoal to start the coal in a # 10 can, cut out both ends and punch hole in it for air. Then add coal as needed and let it burn the stump out. By putting a 55 gallon drum over it with both ends cut out you can contain the fire. Just tell the fire dept your having a Bar B Que.:D

Ice_Gargoylle
05-31-2004, 08:49 PM
drill holes and add nitrogen..takes awhile but works.

Henry
06-01-2004, 06:46 PM
I asked a nursery owner about this stuff years ago and he told not to waste my money on it. He had it on the shelf (low) but wouldn't sell it to me. Never thought about it again.