PDA

View Full Version : fungicide, herbicide, how far apart?

bobbygedd
05-31-2004, 12:06 PM
i have some lawns that i'll be treating with a granular fungicide. they are also due for a herbicide treatment. can these be applied at the same time? how far apart? someone told me 2 weeks apart. not sure though

TSM
05-31-2004, 12:44 PM
should be no problem...depending

some fungicides will need to be watered in... and of course you dont want to water after a herbicide

ArizPestWeed
05-31-2004, 08:40 PM
Unless it's a preemergent

bobbygedd
05-31-2004, 08:54 PM
or unless it's confront

ArizPestWeed
05-31-2004, 10:50 PM
You would know bobbygedd , right ?

bobbygedd
06-01-2004, 07:52 AM
mr. williams, actually , yes i would. the reason for my question was my concern about mixing the two chemicals together on the lawn and the possibility of causing a toxic combination, i was not concerned that one needs to be watered in, and the other doesn't. and why mr. williams, would i be applying a pre em on june 1st?

TSM
06-01-2004, 10:04 AM
we apply 2 rounds of pre-emergent (dimension) so we will still be applying preemergent till around the 3rd week in June.

But, back to your original question........no problem tank mixing herbicide with fungicide as far as creating a 'toxic combination'

Grassmechanic
06-01-2004, 12:48 PM
I knew of a GC super. who mixed fert, herbicide, fungicide, insecticide, iron, etc. and applied this "cocktail" to his greens. He was terminated shortly thereafter. Check the labels, but you should be able do a "compatibility test", then apply to a test area of turf first.

tremor
06-01-2004, 12:52 PM
I have plenty of customer who tank mix contact fungicides with herbicides. I've done it myself many times. Check the labels of both products. If no advisory exists you're probably OK. If you're still concerned, then do a small jar test. If it doesn't turn to Jell-O overnight, then go for it. The turf isn't the issue here. But rather your tank.