PDA

View Full Version : Still starting!!

txlawnking
06-01-2004, 10:54 PM
It started for me when I was 10 I used a 25' craftsman rider I bought with saved money fast forward 20 years and I'm doing it again!! Only now I work for a living for the wifey and 3 kiddies!! I love it , beats the heck out of being an employee. Any way, my equipt. is meager to say the least, 89 model 21" snapper (bought for $20 have$56 in it!!) 87 model Botag edger , and brand new Kawasaki KTR27A trimmer(It RIPS!!) and Stihl BR420c blower ( hard srarter, But works pretty good). I'm deffinatelly struggling, but I apprecieate the positive folks on here!! I will NEVER give up..:D

mowandgo
06-17-2004, 08:30 PM
My buddy and I started our lawncare business last spring and have been acquiring some equipment and lawncare jobs. It's been slow going but things are picking up. We have two 60" cut Simplicity Derby and a 52" cut Toro, a used Ex-Mark 48" machine and other smaller pieces of equipment. The weather has been extremely rainy this spring and has put us behind several weeks behind our normal mowing schedule, but no one ELSE is mowing either! So, we are making the best of it. We too, have a "don't give up" attitude which is the only way to look at it. Good Luck to you in Texas.

George777
06-17-2004, 10:06 PM
In the beginning my partner and I had nothing but drive. We put out 5,000 fliers to get business. Now a few years latter things have changed and it is good. Just keep the faith and work it!!

txlawnking
06-26-2004, 04:10 PM
Thanks guys things have changed some since I posted that, I've got more work and a ztr now!! And I still won't give up!!!!!