PDA

View Full Version : Missed Pre-Em Applications

khutch
06-04-2004, 08:14 AM
Newly liscensed, so I'm late to getting to some applications timelines. Is it still effective here in Zone 7-8 to apply summer Pre-Em? I guess I could look at it as it's my client's $$ not mine, but I already told one customer I did not want him to be disappointed with the Pre-Em results and he would be better off spending on Post treatments. Then I got to re-thinking, what do I know?
What do you all recommend right now, this time of year for new turfgrass weed customers - Pre or Post Em? (or both)

Rtom45
06-04-2004, 10:49 AM
Not sure about your part of the country, but in the Great Lakes region, its post emergents this time of year. Identify your target weeds and refer to chemical labels for instructions on contolling those weeds.

TSM
06-04-2004, 04:02 PM
both may not be such a bad idea. it is late for control over annual grassy weeds, but not all of these guys germinate at once. So you could do a pre to get limited control and a post to control what is there now.

tennissippi
06-04-2004, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by khutch
Newly liscensed, so I'm late to getting to some applications timelines. Is it still effective here in Zone 7-8 to apply summer Pre-Em? I guess I could look at it as it's my client's $$ not mine, but I already told one customer I did not want him to be disappointed with the Pre-Em results and he would be better off spending on Post treatments. Then I got to re-thinking, what do I know?
What do you all recommend right now, this time of year for new turfgrass weed customers - Pre or Post Em? (or both)

Just spray post-emergent now. I think you would be wasting your time applying pre-emergent this time of year. Just make your pre- apps this fall.