PDA

View Full Version : Means Site Work & Landscape Cost Data 2004 Book

DowntoEarthLLC
06-04-2004, 10:40 AM
Anyone have this book?

I was thinking of buying this book, but by looking at the reviews, I think it might have alot on info that I just don't need... like installing fire hydrants.

Just looking for some sort of cost data book.

Its either this book or one the Charles Vander Koi book on cost data.

Or, how about one of this lawnsite guy Sawn Adams books on cost data.

Help a brother out.

DowntoEarthLLC
06-04-2004, 10:25 PM
come on... 34 views and no one knows anything about this book?

PRapoza451
06-04-2004, 10:35 PM
I have the 2000 edition. Some interesting stuff. Way more info than I need but better more than not enough. I just look at production times and use my hourly rate. It's good to have at least a couple points of reference. I have Vander Kooi's old book too. Not nearly as much info but still worth it.
_________
Paul

D Felix
06-06-2004, 11:49 AM
I think the edition we have is the '97 edition. I think I paid 50 cents for it at a used book sale a couple of years ago. Beats paying the full asking price when new.:)

We too just look at the production times and apply our hourly rate. We really don't use it that much, just refer to it when/if something comes up that we haven't done before or much of.

Dan

Ecobjs
06-07-2004, 06:54 PM
I bought Nilsson Associates "job pricing guidelines", most of their stuff is ok, good price. I have had it about 2 years. I would have like a few more landscape categories for pricing, but the items they do price and provide times for have been accurate.

broken leg
06-07-2004, 07:09 PM
I have bough the book about 4 years ago and the CD never use sits on book shelf there are better books out there. Was a waste of money for me maybe a good book for some would not speed the money again.

DowntoEarthLLC
06-08-2004, 08:06 PM
there are better books out there

So what books are these?

go on go on...

broken leg
06-08-2004, 09:54 PM
Depends whate you are looking for. estimating accounting priceing so on so on.