PDA

View Full Version : 275 gallon fuel tank w/ electric pump for sale

BigDave
06-05-2004, 04:57 PM
We inherited a 275 fuel tank with electric pump with the house we bought last year.

I don't know exactly how old it is; I would guess about 10 years. The pump meter shows 4457 gallons pumped.

The previous owner of our house, a gentleman in his 80s, took meticulous care of everything he owned. He used the tank to store diesel fuel for his two diesel cars and tractor. He used the tank up until we moved in. I don't have any diesel equipment, and I wouldn't feel comfortable storing gasoline in it even if it's legal (which I don't know) because the tank is in our garage attached to our house.

A picture is attached. The tank has an old brown carpet draped over it - the brown is not rust.

I looked on the web for pricing, and I found that a 275 gallon fuel tank with electric pump is about $2K installed. I'll take the best offer. I cannot deliver; you will have to pick up. You will also need to help us disconnect its intake and ventilation pipes. :)

I live in Reisterstown, MD, in the Baltimore area. Home #: 410-526-6342; cell #: 410-627-2075.

Thanks,
Dave