PDA

View Full Version : I love yard sales

Mdirrigation
06-05-2004, 06:33 PM
Stopprd by a yard sale today while servicing a sprinkler, driving the utility body, looked at the tools they were selling bought a few misc tools and was talking to the guy , told him I installed UG sprinklers. The guy asks me if I could use a missile , his father died and he had 2 sitting in the garage and a few other things he wanted to get rid ofbut didnt think they were yard sale material. I now have a 2 inch and a 3 inch missile , a small jack hammer with a shovel point , a rolltape measuring wheel, and 2 new truck batteries . The best part was the price. The whole package
was the whopping sum of $ 500.00 . I am glad I keep mad money tucked in the truck for emergencys .

Mdirrigation
06-16-2004, 10:19 PM
I got the missiles back from the shop this week, after $ 1250.00 for repairs and new hoses they work great. I highly suggest that if the opportunity arrises that you pick one of these up. So far it has saved me 4 hours of hand digging and restoration on 1 job, a swimming pool contractor heard I had it and I shot a 40 foot run under a pool skirt at $ 20.00 a foot that took 2 hours, and he told his electrician who had me shoot 2 roads at $ 500.00 each and his guys dug the holes. It is much easier than the boring rods in tight areas , and safer when near utilities.

gvandora
07-24-2004, 01:34 AM
What are missles?

DGI
07-24-2004, 07:59 AM
Pneumatic boring tools.

j_loppy
07-24-2004, 11:56 PM
We call them "hogs" where I work.