PDA

View Full Version : Gas Can Storage

forrpets
06-05-2004, 10:39 PM
HI,
2 questions:
1) I am wondering where to store my gas cans for my equipment. I tow an open trailer and pull it with a truck with a camper shell. The cans seem to shrink up tremendously if I dont leave them open or vented. If I leave them open or vented, then the gas leaks out because I travel on very bumpy roads. Should I store them in the back of my truck or on the trailer. And if on the trailer should I store them in the storage box or out in open. Should I leave them vented or not vented, etc..
2) I have blowers, different weedeaters, snowblowers, etc.. They all say different ratios for oil/gas mixtures. Someone said I can use the same mixture for all of them but make sure to use the ratio for the least amount of oil to gas.
Please help with any info on any of these questions.
thanks

lawncare3
06-06-2004, 01:15 AM
Go to your local dealer and get some alco "all mix" oil it mixes for all ratios of mixtures and is reasonabally priced. I just use bungees to keep them on my truck or trailer

forrpets
06-06-2004, 03:20 AM
thanks. but on the mixtures is it ok to use the same ratio for all the units?

JBird
06-06-2004, 04:54 AM
I use No Smoke Two Stroke. Works great in my Stihl trimmers and blowers and Stihl says it's great. one bottle per one gallon no matter the ratio. or it comes in Qrts. or Gals. On my open trailer I use a a flat steel pan with a small lip, screwed to the trailer tongue. I run a ratchet strap through the handles to strap them down.

forrpets
06-06-2004, 08:35 AM
Great idea on the cans. with the ratios, some use 40:1, some use 50:1. I was told I can use the one can for all of them but to use the lower ratio being the 40:1.

imograss
06-06-2004, 09:21 AM
I use Opti2 in all my 2 stroke stuff. I also store my gas can in front of my fender on my trailer.

kels
06-06-2004, 10:01 AM
forrpets, you can buy oil already mentioned such as no smoke, amsoil, opti 2 that is no particular ratio mix, they are made to mix 1 bottle per gallon and works in any 2 stroke machine regardless of the ratio. If you are still confused ask your equipment dealer.

forrpets
06-06-2004, 10:03 AM
ok. thanks so much. that does clear it up. dan

lawncare3
08-02-2004, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by JBird
I use No Smoke Two Stroke. Works great in my Stihl trimmers and blowers and Stihl says it's great. one bottle per one gallon no matter the ratio. or it comes in Qrts. or Gals. On my open trailer I use a a flat steel pan with a small lip, screwed to the trailer tongue. I run a ratchet strap through the handles to strap them down.

That's the stuff I use. alcos no smoke two stroke. It works great with all my 2 cycle.