PDA

View Full Version : Too many trees

specialtylc
06-06-2004, 08:15 PM
Here is a photo of the type of properties we do. Apartment complexes, and they like lots of trees. I really hate the evergreens.

neal-wolbertsinc
06-07-2004, 02:59 AM
How about making bigger tree wells? The trees would benefit and you would not have to work so hard. Neal

CamLand
06-07-2004, 01:04 PM
we have a residential on 4 acres that has 20 trees,all have tree wells about 3 feet out,really makes the job easier...

TLS
06-07-2004, 01:06 PM
Geeze, those are NICE trees. All limbed up and easy to maneuver around. Thats a walk in the park compared to my forests.

specialtylc
06-07-2004, 10:52 PM
When we took over these properties the trees were all the way to the ground and grass was growing up the trunks. They all have a tree well now, but we keep it to a minimal size so as not to piss off the owners. The old LCOs used to string trim around all those trees. It had to add about 2 hours to their mowing time on each property.

neal-wolbertsinc
06-08-2004, 01:30 AM
Do the owners know that trees do not like grass growing over their roots and do much better when their root zone is mulched and grass free? If they really like the trees it may make it easier to convince them to let you enlarge the wells. Do the Roundup thing and mulch a few days later before the grass starts turning brown. 2" of real manure compost that has no ammonia smell (dairy is really good) with pre-emergence on the top to keep the weeds under control would do the job, save you time, keep the trees safe and healthy and save the owner money in the long run. Seems like they should see the benefits. Neal

D Felix
06-12-2004, 01:34 AM
I hate it when people limb up evergreens like that.... Just not natural at all.

With a WB, you can just stick the left side of the deck under the branches and have virtually no trimming around those trees....

Just my $.025 worth.:)

Dan