PDA

View Full Version : Is Perma Green the answer?

sjj14
06-06-2004, 08:53 PM
Thinking of buying a unit but would like to hear feed back from the field. I have read all the PR. from their site but would like some hard info. Obviously its better than pushing a spreader but is it a reliable and profitable purchase?

MrBarefoot
06-06-2004, 10:22 PM
I picked up a PG this year, and I have mixed feelings about the machine.

I like the increased productivity, and that I am not tired at the end of the day from pushing a spreader or pulling a hose.

I don't like the reduced weed control I have gotten compared to spraying at higher volumes. This problem has caused me to switch to a more expensive weed control product to get better control of weeds, but my service calls are still up from last year.

I also don't like the limitations placed on my operation due to lack of tank agitation. No Drive in my program anymore.. :(

While my machine is running fine, I have heard other people complain that the unit is mechanically fussy, and breaks down more frequently then other machines.

If I had to do it all over again, knowing what I know now, I would have taken a closer look at the Z-spray. I can't say I would buy one, but I wouldn't be so quick to buy the PG.

Good Luck...

smoke johnson
06-06-2004, 11:28 PM
don't waste your time with the pg. ya it's a little cheaper than the Z spray but you get what you pay for. this would be the only purchase that i would ever make. I do not work for the zspray company just another happy customer they make me money with productivityin the feild.

LwnmwrMan22
06-06-2004, 11:34 PM
I haven't had any complaints with my PG yet.

I wanted to look at the ZSpray, but for an extra $2 G's and it was going to take 2-3 weeks to get one at the time, I would assume they'd be caught up by now.

I suppose it depends on how often you're going to use it too.

I'll use mine probably about 100 hours this year. I don't have it to spray 300 properties, I spray 35 properties that I mow, I just got tired of mowing all day, then dragging that 400' hose around all weekend.

This way I don't get as tired, plus it's all write-off.

MrBareFoot and I had a short discussion in a different post, and I stated that I've had just as good if not better success with my dandelion control in the PG rather than the old tank sprayer.

MrBarefoot
06-06-2004, 11:54 PM
I don't dispute anything LwnmwrMan22 wrote in his last post.

In this case, and in the last thread to which he refers, I was relating my personal experience, based on the percentage of service calls I received last year (spraying by hand) and this year (spraying with PG).

Since LwnmwrMan22 is having success controlling weeds, it gives me hope that someday my machine will satisfactorily control weeds with the less expensive control products.

But until then... if asked, I will tell my tale of weed control woe, so other people can benefit from it.

LwnmwrMan22
06-07-2004, 07:03 AM
MrBarefoot -

I forgot, are you using any sort of spreader-sticker in the PG?

MrBarefoot
06-07-2004, 07:28 AM
LwnmwrMan22:

I started off this season using sticker. I moved away from it on the advice of a few guys claiming that sticker can clog spray nozzles when it dries.

After I started getting poor weed control, I varied the rate, and added low amounts of sticker until I gave up on my old product.

I also did check the spray volume, to confirm that I was getting the right amount of spray.

James Cormier
06-07-2004, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by sjj14
Thinking of buying a unit but would like to hear feed back from the field. I have read all the PR. from their site but would like some hard info. Obviously its better than pushing a spreader but is it a reliable and profitable purchase?

use the seach feature, youll find hours of good reading.

One thing I noticed, alot of pg users have a lot of different complaints, But I dont think I have heard any complaints from anyone using the zspray.....