PDA

View Full Version : Attachment best for lawn installations

ksland
06-07-2004, 01:13 AM
I have a S185 Bobcat (773 Turbo). We do quite a few lawn installs which we bring loam in and rough spread it (by dumping feathering backwards) and then rough rake and finish rake before seed. My question is what attachment would work best to eliminate most or all of the manual raking? I am sure you still have to manually rake tight areas. I am getting too old for this raking garbage. Harley rake? Eliminator? Power rake?

alldredge_2008
06-07-2004, 01:17 PM
I would suggest a Soil Conditioner (Bobcat) to spread loam. Some people for the final pass they drive backwards to eliminate tire tracks. They have various sizes, including manual or power angle.
Just my 2 cents.

Randy Scott
06-07-2004, 09:36 PM
The Harley Rake is a power rake. They work awesome. Best $6500 you'll spend. You are an animal if you are doing that crap by hand. Hats off to you. Now go get yourself a power rake! You'll finish oodles quicker and not have your hands bleeding at the end of the day. :)

ksland
06-07-2004, 09:59 PM
Harley rake? Do you have a link to one of these? $6500 huh? Sounds like my next large install there may be a harley rake attached to my bobcat, I will have to rent one first to see how they work.

Randy Scott
06-07-2004, 10:28 PM
http://www.glenmac.com/

Loganwildman
06-10-2004, 04:43 PM
Do a search on power rakes. Don't get me wrong, Harley I'm sure is good, but there are other makes out there that are just as good, and perhaps not as expensive. If you just need a finish grade, why not just pick up a landscape rake with gauge wheels for your skidloader? Seems like you'd save one heck of alot of dough.

Also, check out the TR3 rake http://www.tr3rake.com/tr3rake.asp
It is available for both 3pt hitch and skidloaders.

ksss
06-10-2004, 05:04 PM
I like the FFC Preparator. Similiar to a Rock Hound but heavier built and uses a drum instead of chains.

Scag48
06-11-2004, 01:54 AM
We use a Harley Rake for all our lawn installs. Some lawns we install are too big to cost effectively put in topsoil (1/2 acre) so we use the Harley to finish grade the lots. I was skeptical about using it to spread and finish grade topsoil, I thought it would go too deep and mix "bad dirt" with topsoil. Turns out, it works perfect. It is the only tool that does this much so well, it is well worth the $$$. Sort rocks and debris, rough grade, move large amounts of dirt, and finish grade, no other piece can do all that. We paid $7100 for our M-6 with power angle for our skid steer.

ksland
06-11-2004, 09:11 PM
I really don't need all that, I need something that will finish rake fresh screened loam ready to seed. What about the eliminator?someone told me they work good.