PDA

View Full Version : Red Thread

springman26
06-08-2004, 08:20 AM
What can be done about the red thread lawn fungus? A bunch of my lawns have it now. Is there any Lesco product to treat this? Also any possible cause as to why they have this disease?

EJK2352
06-08-2004, 08:27 AM
Has it been wet in your area?? There are fungicides to control Red Thread, but this can be an expensive cure. A simple a less costly cure is to fertilize the lawn and grow it out of the disease.

hamsey
06-08-2004, 08:29 AM
Nitrogen! I currently have it in my lawn:( Slow growth, grass being wet for more than 10hrs. a day contribute to red thread. I was told Lesco manicure should work. I'm sure there is better but because I am not licensed I cannot use those restricted products. Have to put down the fert. to get grass growing again. That's how I understand it, we'll see.

Norm

TSM
06-08-2004, 04:42 PM
http://www.ces.purdue.edu/extmedia/BP/BP-104-W.pdf

Read all about it

MrBarefoot
06-08-2004, 05:45 PM
I agree with the fertilization solution. For my accounts, I throw a starter fert at it with no slow release. It will grow itself out when the weather gets less fungus favorable.

Fungicides are expensive. This problem is more likely caused to environmental growing conditions, so skip the fungicide.

sjj14
06-08-2004, 10:25 PM
Dont waist time or $ on treating red thread purely cocmetic with rare excpetions and will grow out on its own. Most likely on Rye grass and it will bounce back in no time.