PDA

View Full Version : Jumping Water

HunterJ
06-08-2004, 08:31 AM
Great Forum.

Has anyone installed or thought of installing "jumping water" in a residential yard?

Thanks,
Hunter J

WeatherMan
06-08-2004, 08:07 PM
Have done it several times. Very easy Job!!!

HunterJ
06-09-2004, 12:13 AM
WeatherMan,

Are you installing what one company calls a leap frog valve or are you building your own valves and jumping a stream of water from point to point etc. giving the impression that the water is jumping around the yard. Just curious.

Thanks,
Hunter J

WeatherMan
06-09-2004, 12:23 AM
I have allways built my own valves, I have installed jumpers, bullets, jets, bubbles, I have even installed them to jump with music. Kinda fun to do

Phishook
06-09-2004, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by WeatherMan
I have allways built my own valves, I have installed jumpers, bullets, jets, bubbles, I have even installed them to jump with music. Kinda fun to do

You have to start posting pics.

WeatherMan
06-09-2004, 05:10 PM
I have pics up of some of my creations, but since lawnsite changed the rule on the size of the pics allowed, I now have to go through and shrink them all. Maybe on a day its raining I will try to get some on here

Acute Cut
06-10-2004, 09:42 AM
Ok, am ignorant, Jumping water? I think i have a guess, but not sure. IF! Notice the big if? IF it is what i am thinking it is where you make water shoot out in a controlled stream to anothere spot. I saw a special on one that had two ponds with a walkway down the middle and the water shot overhead. Looked really cool.

HunterJ
06-10-2004, 10:01 AM
That is what I am talking about. I was just curious if any one had installed them since it would require a reservoir and pump along with electrical/pheumatics for the cut-off on each valve or one pump with supply and return lines to each valve.
I have built and tested a valve and liked it.

Just a curious homeowner
Hunter J