PDA

View Full Version : Ideas?

blide
06-08-2004, 05:40 PM
Hello everyone,

First I must say this is a great forum and I really enjoy reading everyone's threads.

I have a small house that I try to landscape more and more each year. I have installed my own sprikler system and planted some small shrubs and etc. I have one problem are though... There is a patch of grass in front of my sidewalk that is all weeds and I would like to to some type of landscaping and thougt I might ask you guys for some ideas...

Thanks for the help,

Bill

http://myweb.cableone.net/blide/house.jpg

EagleLandscape
06-08-2004, 05:50 PM
Where in Texas are you? Can you explain the part of the yard that you want something installed in? Can't see the weeds from that picture.

blide
06-08-2004, 06:07 PM
see below... I live north of Dallas (Sherman) and my whole yard is ST. AUG and the patch below is just weeds and mixed grasss. This is last year's pic my grass in the yard is doing great but the front part still sucks. :)

http://myweb.cableone.net/blide/house2.jpg

EagleLandscape
06-08-2004, 06:33 PM
I wouldnt landscape the parkway. But kill off all theweeds and aly down new sod. New sod for that area would cost you less than 100 bucks.

blide
06-08-2004, 06:37 PM
I have been thinking of of doing that, should I just mow it really low or just dig it up? Not sure how to re-sod? Sorry for the lack of knowledge. I'm an IT guy that likes yard work (hehe)

pushu2
06-09-2004, 09:09 PM
Stop by your nearest Rental shop, rent a sod cutter set it to cut about 1 inch below the ccown of the grass, cyt it at about 4 foot lenghts rool it up and get rid of it. Use a good hard rake and loosen the newly exposed soil. Measure th length and width of the area you removed and find a sod farm Buy enough sod to replace what was removed and an extra yard or two for mistakes. Lay it in, cut your angles for the driveway and then water like crazy. Good luck

dvmcmrhp52
06-09-2004, 09:22 PM
Agreed on not planting next to the road,It won't do very well.
New sod is the way to go if you need some nice lawn,up here in the northeast it wouldn't matter what you put in the road salt takes its toll on every thing.
Have fun...............