PDA

View Full Version : 5000 Series Rainbird heads

ldr1976
06-08-2004, 11:47 PM
any opinions on the 5000 plus heads. I use 5000 series rotors for most all my residential applications and think they do a fine job. But was wondering if anyone has used the plus series. Are they worth the extra money. I could care less if i can shut them off why the system is going but according to the literature they are supposed have a better rain curtain for better coverage. Opinions anyone?

DGI
06-16-2004, 08:17 PM
By sight alone (I haven't received my second batch to use precip cups) they throw very well. They also throw very, very well with the 2.5 gallon nozzle, which is a nice option to have. The 2.5gpm nozzle throws like most other sprinklers 3.5 gallon, as far as distance is concerned, and you can run another head per zone.

Being able to shut them off at the house is nice. I also like how they adjust. I might be switching.

MOlawnman
06-20-2004, 08:26 PM
I have been using the 5000's since they were introduced and I love them. As far as the shut off capability, it is nice sometimes but I don't personnaly think it is worth the extra dollar (at least that is what I pay difference). The nozzles on the 5000 and the 5000-plus are the same identical nozzle. I have had good luck with them and I will continue to use them in all my installs unless someone specifies they want Hunter.

Steve