PDA

View Full Version : Help with paver price

Big M LawnnSnow
06-09-2004, 07:01 AM
I'm looking at a job thats approx. 1800sq ft
the pavers have to be removed, stacked and the base has to be recompacted and the pavers relaid.
What would you charge for this job?
Should I price it by the sqft?

TLS
06-09-2004, 08:35 AM
Why don't you just re-compact the pavers where they are now?

Mdirrigation
06-09-2004, 09:12 AM
Sounds like the job wasnt done right to start with. You are bacically doing a new install with extra labor of removing and stacking the pavers. Some will get damaged when removing include new ones in the price. Charge for removal , charge for adding base ( check for thickness) and charge for reinstalling. Our price will be the same or a bit more than if we did the job from the beginning.

TLS
06-09-2004, 09:29 AM
Thats what I was wondering, but just didn't want to ask it.

To add more base, you'll likely have to REMOVE ALL the OLD base, dig deeper and do it right. Unless there is room to go UP in height.

I was just thinking you could try to plate it and see if it meets the customers approval.

Rex Mann
06-10-2004, 12:16 AM
First, you need to figure out why the pavement failed. Or at least have a pretty good guess as to why it failed. Many times it can only be discovered after it is torn up.

If it failed because they did not use a geotextile, then add that
if it failed because of inadequate base thickness add more
If it failed because the wrong sand was used for the bedding course remove and install the correct sand.

Peace,

Rex

our web site (http://rmstonescaping.com)

Big M LawnnSnow
06-10-2004, 06:29 AM
I should have mentioned...The pavers ae around a pool and have settled low around the rim thats why they have to be redone.

TLS
06-10-2004, 07:47 AM
You may also want to use a "jumping jack" or "elephants foot" tamper to REALLY make sure it doesn't settle again.

Too many pools are just "thrown" together too quick to properly prep the surface.

Get good at this, and you'll have PLENTY of work.

landscapingpoolguy
06-10-2004, 02:00 PM
ahhhhhh might not be the installers fault.. might just be settling from new construction around a pool.....i usta build pools and i usta recommend waiting a year after pool is built to do decking around pool because of settling...... no matter how much u compact you will always get settling around a pool.

Chuck

Big M LawnnSnow
06-10-2004, 05:02 PM
ok with all the measuring done it's 1407 square feet.
Please...Help me with the price.

landscapingpoolguy
06-10-2004, 05:59 PM
Id charge about 14000...plus some ...its actaully extra work because ya gotta take up all the old stones and youll need at least a pallet of new stones for cuts or whatever breaks so maybe 15,500 for the whole job.

Chuck