PDA

View Full Version : Yet another "My 1st Pond" thread.

two_planks
06-09-2004, 11:29 PM
Like the title suggests I built my first pond today. Critique away. You'll love it, you'll hate it but I think it looks pretty damn nice.

two_planks
06-09-2004, 11:30 PM
Closer up and from a different angle

two_planks
06-09-2004, 11:31 PM
and another one. all the stone is sandstone that I get myself from a secret location

two_planks
06-09-2004, 11:34 PM
This one too. The pond is deep section is approx 2' x 3' with a 2' x 1' shelf for the rocks that sit just under the water level.

two_planks
06-09-2004, 11:35 PM
A close up of the shelf area.

two_planks
06-09-2004, 11:36 PM
I'll try that one again. In 60 seconds...

two_planks
06-09-2004, 11:37 PM
Shamelessly uping my post count I will try one last time.:confused:

WeatherMan
06-10-2004, 06:08 PM
Little small dont you think.

What did you build it for, fish? Plants? or just the noise

two_planks
06-11-2004, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by WeatherMan
Little small dont you think.

What did you build it for, fish? Plants? or just the noise

Just the noise. I know its small but cest la vie, the customer gets what the customer wants.

two_planks
06-16-2004, 12:40 PM
WOW this must be a real mediocre pond. Nobody saying wonderfull job Ben and nobody saying it looks like crap. Not that I really care what you guys think my customer loves it and I'm bidding on ponds for four of her friends this week.

stxkyboy
06-16-2004, 11:25 PM
Alright I'll say it ...it looks like crap...i hope u didnt charge her much for it

Phishook
06-17-2004, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by stxkyboy
Alright I'll say it ...it looks like crap...i hope u didnt charge her much for it :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

When you build one, and post a pic, then you can slam.

Phishook
06-17-2004, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by two_planks
Just the noise. I know its small but cest la vie, the customer gets what the customer wants.

The size and place is all up to them. But the rock size is a little big for the pond IMO.

I like that rock though. If you get some larger prodjects, I'd use the same boulders. Not lime stone, is it?

two_planks
06-17-2004, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by stxkyboy
Alright I'll say it ...it looks like crap...i hope u didnt charge her much for it

Only $1200. Thats not really all that much, is it? Come on the rest of you bring it on. This just wouldn't be a lawnsite first pond thread unless at least 10 you jump on the bandwagon.

two_planks
06-17-2004, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by Phishook
The size and place is all up to them. But the rock size is a little big for the pond IMO.

I like that rock though. If you get some larger prodjects, I'd use the same boulders. Not lime stone, is it?

No its sandstone. Except the pink boulders, they are pink granite. I agree that the boulders look a little big right now but I think that once the hydrangea, lilac, and potentilla on the left fill out and the nettle on right spreads enough to spill some what over and around the boulders it will look a lot better. I guess only time will tell.

Victor
06-17-2004, 10:46 AM
First of all, I do like your pond. What kind of filtration do you have in it? Tell me about it? Do you have a skimmer in it? How deep is it? Are they planning on putting mosquito fish, or goldfish in there?

There are only two things I would have done differently. The first is the fact that it is under that tree. A pond that size will foul very quickly if not kept clean. That's going to make maintenance a pain in the butt if the home owners dont keep a net over it. Is that the location they picked out, or did you select that site? The only other thing I would have dne differently would have been the rocks you used. I too would have used smaller rocks. It doesn't mean I'm right and you're wrong. It's all a matter of taste. It's your first pond for goodness sake. It looks to me like you did really well. I still like the way it looks though. Good job. I can't wait to see your next pond Buddy.

As for Stxkyboy. Lol...well lets just say that I'm eagerly waiting for him to post pics of his first pond on here so that I can critique it (rubbing my hands feverishly together). Don't worry Stxkyboy. I'll be gentle. Lol!!

Vic