PDA

View Full Version : adjust brakes on centri

James Cormier
06-10-2004, 03:38 PM
Dug the old centri out today and used it, That machine is faster than the ultra, the pg guys say it shouldn't't be but man that thing is fast. The only problem is now theres no brakes, don't get me wrong they always where bad,:eek: but now theres nothing.

I cant find any paper work on the machine, anyone know how to adjust them, there doesn't't seem to be a reservoir to fill but there must be fluid in the lines?

TSM
06-10-2004, 04:11 PM
so, who needs brakes??? :)

I'll dig out the owners manual, its around here...somewhere?

you got to tip that thing up so the sulky is up near your chest. you'll see the brake 'shoe' and a cylinder...there is an adjustment nut where the line goes into the cylinder. just a matter of turning the nut...you may need to peel back a rubber boot that covers it. Been some time since I've done an adjustment so I'm just going by memory. I'll try to find the manual. If you got a fax machine I could fax it over to you...but first I gotta find it

EJK2352
06-10-2004, 04:35 PM
The brakes are adjusted like TSM said, but I've found it's a much easier job if you pull the rear wheels. It's hard the get much of a turn on the adjustment nut if you leave the wheels on. I usually have to adjust the brakes on my Centri 2-3 times a year.

James Cormier
06-10-2004, 06:34 PM
Im still laughing from the my fert pricing mistake, God I cant believe Ive been over charging people all these years...

Ill try that, and let you know how I do, in the mean time when you find the manual you can fax the page on that to 508-856-9242 thats my fax number

Thanks guys