PDA

View Full Version : ASV Loaders

landscapingpoolguy
06-10-2004, 05:22 PM
Hey guys,

Check out these machines......i was very much considering a bobcat but i think i might wanan go with ASV which is basically a CAT. What ya guys think?

http://www.asvi.com/index.cfm

im thinking the rc 50

Chuck

r_rivera7272
06-10-2004, 06:37 PM
I think CAT partially owns the rights to their undercarriage if I'm not mistaken. They're great machines but I don't think there are any aftermarket company for the tracks. I hear the dealers charge around $4000 PER TRACK! OUCH! Let me know if anyone knows an aftermarket company that has these!!!

landscapingpoolguy
06-11-2004, 12:08 AM
I am very very interested in these machines.....wich i could find and rc 50 with less then 500 hudred hours for around 15.

Chuck

jlewis
06-17-2004, 02:43 PM
Otherway around. ASVI sells to Cat.

The MTL undercarriages are sold to Caterpillar as a primary component on Caterpillar's MTL product line.

I think they also sell to Polaris and / or Polaris has a similar machine.

Tigerotor77W
06-19-2004, 01:49 PM
They do indeed, but Cat owns a significant share of ASVI.

Cat buys or somehow gets its undercarriages from ASV; ASV RC loaders loaders have Cat's PPPC (aka anti-stall) and Cat's joystick technology; hence their being so cheap to produce (ASV never had to invest in control tech bc they used Cat's.) ASV also have Cat engines and who knows what else.

landscapingpoolguy
06-20-2004, 01:38 PM
ASV's sound like teh best of all worlds......only thing is teh rc 30 and 50 might be a little too light duty for what i need.....looking into a used 2810 or 4800 now.

Chuck

JCLandWerks
06-22-2004, 02:01 PM
Tracks for the RC50 and RC60 are about $1800 each

Tigerotor77W
06-23-2004, 09:52 AM
ASV also makes a RC60, 80, and 100. Those three models are significantly larger; the 80 and 100 share a common frame and arm design, so if you go with the 80, you are getting the 100 size machine.

Itsgottobegreen
06-23-2004, 06:56 PM
My next big toy is going to be a RC 50. Maybe a rc-60. Depends on price and when I can afford on.

LandMatters
08-23-2004, 01:29 PM
I just left a pretty lengthy post on the post that says Skidsteers, but basically, I have a used Cat 257 track machine and got that over an ASV only because of the price of new machines. ASV's cab is built for the track system, so balance is better than the CAT. My next rubber track machine will either be the ASV 80 or 100. I drove a 2003 leftover ASV 100 last December. It was able to lift over 7500 lbs (2 pallets of material) without a problem. My Cat 257 is similar to the ASV 50/60 and have struggles with pallets of pavers or wall block over 3400lbs.

These are both great machines, and in my opinion better systems than Bobcat, Gehl, Takahouchi, Etc... because of the independent suspension. It's definitely a joy to work with, especially on steep hills and mudd, and they definitely extend your work season. But you'll want to avoid using the machines in areas of gravel or sand because they with both eat up the rubber bogies (wheels that drive the track) as well as the track getting ripped by jagged gravel.

Tigerotor77W
08-24-2004, 09:50 PM
I don't doubt the suspension advantage at all.

UNISCAPER
09-04-2004, 09:03 PM
The Cat/ASV track system has defintie advantages over the rigid frames of the Bobcat/Tach, Gehl, etc etc.

The bigget thing you need to remember is keeping the tracks clean, and if you are side sloping, to make sure you change sides every few passes.

Don't fall into the myth of keeping tight tracks, as over tight tracks will wear out faster. Take a 100 lb weight in the center of the top track and use a straight edge. Measure 1/2" from the bottom of the straight edge and keep no more or no less than that in the track. Grease every 10 hours.

And avoid operaterating on transitions, as this places undue wear on tracks. If you have to run on a transition, try to get on, then off as soon as you can.

With a rigid frame tracked loader, steel to steel/rubber vulcanized tracks will build heat faster than the 257 undercarrage, and, because they use vulcanization rather than rubber with nylon cords, they can fail faster.

I highly recommend taking the MTL classes offered by your local Cat dealer. You will save thousands over not knowing how to maximize life of the system.