PDA

View Full Version : Not seeing any Results

precisioncut
06-10-2004, 10:42 PM
I got my license for this year to apply fert. I went to Lesco for some help. I know many of you think that Lesco is not our answer to all the problems but they did stear my in a good direction and helped me develop a program. So I went with it and applied a 28-3-7, per Lesco, on Monday. I was wondering, how long should it take to see some results? I'm actually a little afraid that my technique my not be that great. I'm using a Lesco spreader calibrated correctly. Is there any other tips people can give me on apply the correct amount evenly?
Any help would be great. Thanks.

Avery
06-10-2004, 11:05 PM
72 hours if watered in. If you do not have water you just wasted your nitrogen.

TSM
06-11-2004, 05:31 PM
personally I think 72 hours is a bit quick and I also disagree about 'wasted nitrogen'

give it a week - 10 days for visable results
as far as tips on the correct amount and an even application....practice (on the job training)

Garden Panzer
06-11-2004, 09:08 PM
If you're worried about even application here's what to do:
1) You can sub it out to Garden Panzer- but he might steal your account...
2) You can take HALF the amount of fert and apply it one direction, Then take the other half and apply it the OTHER direction.
I would suggest option 1, IMHO
:cool:

precisioncut
06-12-2004, 12:04 AM
I hope I didn't waste my time and money. All my accounts are irrigated and they would have watered by late evening or early morn. So it would have been watered in but not unit then. The lawns are starting to stress under the 100* temps.

dishboy
06-12-2004, 06:15 PM
I am assuming since I am not familar that lesco is using mainly urea as the N source, as well as ammonical souce? In all of my experiance I have never seen that a granular application of fert to do anything but sit until water hits it. I usaully will see some response in about a week or two waterings with water solible N. Your only worry is applying to a wet lawn in the heat and not watering immediatily, thus burning the lawn.

Ric
06-12-2004, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by precisioncut
I hope I didn't waste my time and money. All my accounts are irrigated and they would have watered by late evening or early morn. So it would have been watered in but not unit then. The lawns are starting to stress under the 100* temps.

Precisioncut

I am not a cool season guy so any thing I tell you may be wrong. However at 100 degree temperature and lack of rain I would think your turf slows down considerable. Therefore I would not look for a response until you had plenty of rain and lower temperatures. I have found over the years Water is the most important factor.

precisioncut
06-13-2004, 01:22 AM
Thanks for the help you guys, if there is any more tips out there, let me have it.

Thanks again.

LwnmwrMan22
06-13-2004, 01:46 AM
The other thing, how much slow release was there in that fert?

Would have a SLIGHT effect on how quickly you notice results. Personally, I'd go with the 10-14 day plan, especially if these accounts haven't had much fert in the past.