PDA

View Full Version : Brown bed edger for trenching...

allstar
06-11-2004, 08:01 AM
I recently purchased one of these machines.I was told that, not only can they be used for making beds,tree rings,etc.,but can also dig trenches for irrigation systems.Does anyone use them for this purpose and how well do they work?How do they compare to the 'DitchWitch' machines I see all over the place.I'm sure it doesn't work AS good but would it be good enough for now?Thanks.

sharpcutter
06-11-2004, 11:00 PM
They are awsome for cutting bed edges, but they suck for cutting trenches. Go witht the ditch witch for the trenches. But if your working on a very tight budget, hten it sureky beats hand digging. You will have trouble in hard stuff. The key is to go slow.

allstar
06-12-2004, 08:13 AM
That's what I was afraid of.How much does a mid-range(not the best,not the worst)trencher cost?Thanks.

SamIV
06-12-2004, 09:56 AM
The largest landscape contractor here uses one. They only trench 3 to 4 inches deep, and go through lots of belts and pulleys. This contractor installs more irrigation than anyone in my area, and yes they bury their pipe no more than 3 to 4 inches deep. Go figure.

SamIV