PDA

View Full Version : Tree Problems

RedWingsDet
06-12-2004, 02:14 AM
at my fathers house, we have an umbrella tree that is infected with insects eating it. it is a umbrella tree, it is mature, its been there for about 15-25 years or so. is their anything i can spray that WILL work to get the insects away and get it GREEN instead of BROWN! i will take a pic for you tommarow.

D Felix
06-12-2004, 02:40 AM
What the h*ll is an umbrella tree? Got a pic?

What kind of insects? Are they the cicada's? If so, they are not eating the tree, and the damage they will do will be minimal to a tree that is that age.

Though I'm sure someone will tell you a "kill all" insecticide, I'm hesitant to until I know more....

Dan

TREEGODFATHER
06-12-2004, 02:41 AM
Umbrella tree???

Perhaps a Camperdown Elm?

RedWingsDet
06-12-2004, 02:45 AM
i will take a pic tommarow, the insect is called a "Japennsese" something, i cant remember the other word, tis Jappenese something.

D Felix
06-12-2004, 02:56 AM
Japanese beetle?

If so, it's too early for those, at least up there.

I found one, ONE, on Thursday. About two weeks early around here, but everything has been two weeks early so far...........

Dan

RedWingsDet
06-12-2004, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by D Felix
Japanese beetle?

If so, it's too early for those, at least up there.

I found one, ONE, on Thursday. About two weeks early around here, but everything has been two weeks early so far...........

Dan

well the jap bettle was last years prob, and your right i havent seen em around here yet, so its must be something else tearing the tree apart.

D Felix
06-12-2004, 03:25 AM
Get a picture. That's your best hope.

Dan

D Felix
06-20-2004, 07:32 PM
Got a picture yet?