PDA

View Full Version : How far do you go to complete a job?

D Felix
06-12-2004, 01:46 AM
I ask that kinda tongue-in-cheek.:)

We have a landscape maintenance account at a sorrity house, and were there last summer on a visit. We decided the viburnums needed pruned, but had no way to do it without some sort of scaffolding.....

Well, they just happened to be painting the house, so we borrowed the lift!:D

I don't want to hear anything about not having on a harness, I know that already! One wasn't available at the time, and I was less than 10 off of the ground most of the time.....

Dan

RedWingsDet
06-12-2004, 01:48 AM
did you ask to barrow the lift? or jus snag it for a while?

seems like it'd be okay though if ya asked.

D Felix
06-12-2004, 01:50 AM
And here's one of my good side.:D:D

Best of all, I got to do one more prune on the viburnums this spring. A basal prune that is! Replaced them with some Pieris, some grasses and some daylilies.

Much safer for the women, IMHO, not to mention it should make the fire department happy to be able to find the FDC that you couldn't see before....

Dan

D Felix
06-12-2004, 01:52 AM
We asked before we used it, trust me. The keys weren't in it!!

Acute Cut
06-12-2004, 10:51 AM
wow. Sounds like fun. Adapt and overcome i say. Good thinking. My only other thought is this though. Are we all getting too old here? Key words from original post are: sorrity house+girls+landscape crew+scaffold=? COME ON MAN! Let us live vicariously and toss us a bobbygedd story atleast! Geesh! LOL:D :p

D Felix
06-12-2004, 11:07 AM
Well, it was summer when we were there... No one was living in the house at the time.:(

It is nice to enjoy the scenery in the spring time though!

Besides, I doubt many of the women at the local college would want to have anything to do with a lowly DDL.:D

Dan

joshua
06-12-2004, 11:07 PM
what the heck is a ddl ?

D Felix
06-12-2004, 11:25 PM
You gotta figure that one out on your own. Some hints: In a way, it's kinda derogatory, but I don't really care, since I'm usually refering to myself. The "L" stands for landscaper. You figger out the rest.:D

Dan

TREEGODFATHER
06-13-2004, 10:18 AM
Dan,

Lemme grab the lift and the digital. I'll be right over.

D Felix
06-13-2004, 10:56 AM
Alas, they are gone for the summer again.... Better wait until September.:D

Hmmmmm, now that I think of it, there's a large magnolia that could use some deadwooding. *grin*

Dan