PDA

View Full Version : Help With Sod Install Price Please?

BASIC
06-12-2004, 08:06 AM
A customer asked me to install some sod at there home(I've never done this before)and I need help to give them a fair price,please?They need four,32'X4' strips put in,the sod is $3.99 for a 2'X5' strip.I'd have to dig the area,mix in some top soil and cut the sod to match the grass already there.Thankyou for any help you may give me.

D Felix
06-12-2004, 11:18 AM
$4 per 10 square feet????

You have GOT to find a new supplier!!!!

I've priced it (without delivery) at $1.50 per square yard (9 square feet) to $1.73 per 10 sf.... I realize you are in NJ, but $4 per roll???? You can find it cheaper...

You need less than a pallet of sod, assuming there is 600 square feet per pallet. One guy should be able to lay that sod in less than 2 hours, assuming that there is not much distance between the pallet and where you are laying it.

Sod can be a PITA, especially in smaller quantities like that. Why not just grade off the soil that is there and toss on some grass seed? 60/40 bluegrass/rye mix should do fine, and it doesn't require any more water than sod. Probably less in fact. Not to mention it's cheaper and easier to do....

Dan