PDA

View Full Version : Lesco spreader help

coyoteman
06-12-2004, 09:04 AM
Does anyone know of a way to modify the lesco spreader so it spreads evenly. I love these spreaders but would like to adjust it so it throws out in an even pattern. We have been having alot of rain and have found a few lawns striped. We always make sure we are hitting our tracks. Sure hope someone can help or these spreaders are hitting the dumpster!

James Cormier
06-12-2004, 05:00 PM
The 11-3 pattern to the lescos are the way they spread, they have been like that since I started spreading in 85, I only striped lawns when I thought to much about it, although I use pg's now everyonce in awhile I have to push a lawn. I just make sure my paddle is clean, and walk in straigh line, and make sure the material is just getting back to the wheel mark. Just barely

Likestomow
06-13-2004, 11:47 AM
James --- What do you mean by a "11-3" pattern?

James Cormier
06-13-2004, 03:48 PM
think of a clock, the spread pattern seems to follow a 11 am - 3 pm pattern. THats eastern standard time btw

Planter
06-15-2004, 05:30 PM
So, how does one fix or adjust for the 11:00-3:00 patern???

turfsurfer
06-15-2004, 08:53 PM
The Lesco seems to throw quite heavy to the right. I have found that by closing one click on the 3rd hole shutoff it evens out the rate enough that I don't stripe. Use the pans and experiment with the 3rd (left) hole shutoff. I agree, a professional spreader should give a more quality pattern. I have heard good things about the Scott's("Andersons"), and may try one sometime, and the Spyker on my Z-spray throws a nice pattern but I don't know about the Spyker push models.

Runner
06-17-2004, 10:24 AM
This is just the way they are designed. Moving around the yard in a counter-clockwise direction is the answer. Perfect spread all the time - everytime.

TSM
06-17-2004, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Runner
This is just the way they are designed. Moving around the yard in a counter-clockwise direction is the answer. Perfect spread all the time - everytime.

I've heard this (read this) before, many times in fact. I have to say (now lets get this straight, I aint puttin nobody down, ok?) If i ever see one of my guys ferting a lawn going in circles...i'm having a problem with him.

What happens when you get to the middle of the lawn? Do you get dizzy (ok, that was a dig...lol):rolleyes:

get rich
06-17-2004, 07:32 PM
i've been using a lesco spreader for years and never have had a problem. i spread in straight line and throw back to my tire tracks. But yes i've heard that complaint before. How is your ground speed? If you keep the handle bars lower, the front of the spreader will be pointed more up in the air and might allow the throw pattern to make it all the way to the left. works for me and i have three lesco push spreaders.