PDA

View Full Version : Organic Misquito Spray

BareFootLawn
06-12-2004, 07:48 PM
Does anyone have any experience using a product called "Garlic Barrier"?
I just used it on my backyard and on an account in my neighborhood. Both yards had tons of mosquitos. Before I was done spraying, you didn't notice any. I mowed them both earlier in the day and was getting eaten alive.
Mixed 5oz/gal and both lawns were app. 6500 sq/ft.

Anyone else using this stuff?

googleplex
06-13-2004, 03:01 PM
Barefoot,

do you know how long it's supposed to last?

And, is it expensive?

Thanks in advance!

TSM
06-13-2004, 07:32 PM
http://www.mosquitobarrier.com/

cenlo
06-13-2004, 09:15 PM
I have sprayed a product called "Purple Martin" also a garlic based spray. I noticed little to no effect. I would like to try a new product. Has any one used the above.

BareFootLawn
06-13-2004, 11:27 PM
I paid about $85 for mine and purchased it through bio-control network (can't advertise in here, so type in biconet.com)
Sprayed yesterday and noticed a difference immidiately. It rained lightly today so it will be interesting to see how long it lasts. Don't get the stuff on you... will drive away even your wife!
I'll keep you updated on how long and how well it works.

cenlo
06-14-2004, 01:13 AM
Don't get the stuff on you... will drive away even your wife!

I wish! :)

Stonewall
08-03-2004, 11:52 PM
Barefoot,

How did it do with the rain?

Catmann
08-05-2004, 05:26 PM
Garlic Barrier and Mosquito barrier are the same product with different labels. For promotional reasons, Mosquito barrier is the better buy this year.

This "proprietary" garlic works well on mosquitos. How long it lasts depends on rainfall. It works best if you get it into plants rather than just spraying hardscapes or a home directly. Typical length of acceptable control is 3 weeks. Mixing rate is 1 gal per 100 gal of solution, spray to wet, not runoff.

MB = $58.18 /gal
GB = $61.93 / gal

BareFootLawn
08-05-2004, 10:25 PM
So far it's done well as long as the frequency remains low. Couple of inches in an hour will wash it away. Slow rain doesn't affect it too badly.
I've had good results with initial application, repeat in 10-14 days, then 17-24 days after that.

Duramax99
08-22-2004, 07:40 PM
You should try a product called "Eco Exempt" works just as well as garlic barrier and doesn't stink half as much

tdl
09-05-2004, 10:26 AM
I have used this product and works well for me. and i agree with what eric said about it . I have been using this product for two years.

J&LOwner
09-05-2004, 03:22 PM
My product arrived this week. I sprayed my residence with it Tuesday and again yesterday. We had a cook out last night and we were bitten quite a bit by mosquitos. :realmad: I was going to offer this product to my customers, but after it failed...NO WAY. I would loose money since I offer a 100% money back guarantee. Too bad the Mosquito Barrier company doesn't....I guess I am out $80 bucks and back to using harmful poisons that do work.!

J&LOwner
09-05-2004, 03:22 PM
My product arrived this week. I sprayed my residence with it Tuesday and again yesterday. We had a cook out last night and we were bitten quite a bit by mosquitos. :realmad: I was going to offer this product to my customers, but after it failed...NO WAY. I would loose money since I offer a 100% money back guarantee. Too bad the Mosquito Barrier company doesn't....I guess I am out $80 bucks and back to using harmful poisons that do work.!

J&LOwner
09-05-2004, 03:23 PM