PDA

View Full Version : Non 2,4-d options?

bart may
06-13-2004, 01:06 AM
This is my first year doing applications and I was wondering what type of product others are using instead of 2,4-D. I was thinking of Confront, it is still legal in my state. Any input would be appreciated.

MrBarefoot
06-13-2004, 10:14 AM
Confront is an awesome product, even if it is slow to work.

Trimec 899 and PowerZone do not have 2,4-D either.

There are some others out there, you just need to dig for them.

If I can ask a silly question, why are interested in using a 2,4-D weed control?

bart may
06-13-2004, 07:33 PM
I'm not sure I understand your question. Currently I did all my first round applications with Triplet a 2,4-d product. I'm not sure if this is nation wide or not but I can only do 2 applictions of 2,4-D products in a year. I'm searching other options for that mid summer applicaton. After re-reading your post I guess what your saying is why use 2,4-D at all, just use Confront or one of the other products? Is this right?

MrBarefoot
06-13-2004, 08:44 PM
Actually, your confusion is caused by some bad typing.

What I meant to ask was, "Why are you interested in using a 2,4-D free product?"

You sort of answer this question when you say you are looking for a product to use in areas where you already are at the limit for 2,4-D for the year.

I was just curious, and I apologize for my sloppy typing.

cantoo
06-13-2004, 11:13 PM
2,4-D has a high name recognition problem around here. The whiners say nothing with 2,4-D on their lawns. I give them the info and tell them to call someone else and if they can't find someone then to call me back. They usually end up calling back. Too many "stories" about 2,4-D I guess.

RasterBlaster
06-15-2004, 04:58 PM
2-4-D has been linked to all kinds of health problems in pets, birds and wildlife. Now the tobacco companies said that tobacco didn't cause cancer, and now the agro-chemical consortium says that 2-4-D is harmless too. Who to bieleve? Who knows? I don't use 2-4-D and utilize that to my advantage in my marketing and literature. Sure, my weed control takes longer, the spectrum is smaller, but I make sure my my customers understand. If they don't, then I use momentum.

trying 2b organic
06-15-2004, 08:51 PM
What do you use Rastor? btw is Par 3 a 2-4d product?

RasterBlaster
06-15-2004, 09:25 PM
I use Eliminate from Lesco. It has MCPA, Dicamba, and Triclopyr. I'm looking for more cost effective options.

coyoteman
06-20-2004, 11:12 PM
Yes, Par 3 is a 2-4-d.