PDA

View Full Version : Milorganite response time?

dishboy
06-13-2004, 12:57 AM
I asked this in the organic forum also, do any of you guys know how long it takes to get a reponse from Milorganite, the ground temps are up and props irrigated, I am trying to time my next application.

Thanks, Tom

SWD
06-13-2004, 09:15 AM
Depending upon a few cultural details - about 4 weeks. Soil structure, % moisture capacity, aeration porosity and temp all have a direct bearing on bacterial population/activity in the soil.
The first application needs to be monitored, however, frequency/rate of application needs to be monitored as once the population in the soil has been altered, this affects response time - it will become less once the population increases.

timturf
06-13-2004, 09:29 AM
6-2-0 milorganite, 5.5 units is win, and .5 units is wsn, so rate would have an effect on seeing a responce! When was the last application?
How long for responce, are you referring to increase color or rate of growth?
Nitrogen should last 6-10 weeks depending on rate of n applied and when it was applied?

Fert program should be developed so their is a steady release of n at all times, with the thought that cool seasonturf will need much less n in summer months, except in the more northern regions!