PDA

View Full Version : Quality of Ramrod Products

stumper067
06-13-2004, 10:58 AM
I may just be lucky, the Ramrod Taskmaster 900T that I bought in 1996 was when everything was just getting started with mini loaders. I think I was probably the first person in the southeast who owned one and I sure got my share of laughs. But now no one is laughing. I still have the same ramrod today and have had no problems with it but I also take really good care of it and only use it one the average of 5 to 6 hours a week. When I first got it Ramrod replaced the drive units for free because of an lack of drive power problem, since then it has been fine. I see that alot of people on this site have had many problems with their Ramrods. I am new to this site and hate to hear about these problems. My machine was one of the first Ramrod 900T's made and it worries me that maybe Ramrod has fallen somewhat behind in the quality and design field in light of the many negitive posts that I see here....I hope not...if you own a Ramrod I would like to know what you think.......I also would like to hear from someone who ownes a Finn.

thank you,

Stumper

GrassGirl
06-13-2004, 11:28 AM
We bought ours in 1998 and we have had some problems. We like the concept of the machine but would not buy another ram rod. It just doesn't have the hydralic power once the machine heats up to power the machine correctly.

My friend has the finn with the cat diesel and it is a powerhouse. Only problem is that it is very slow.

stumper067
06-13-2004, 11:52 AM
PICTURE Ramrod 900T

hoyboy
06-23-2004, 07:25 AM
I'm interested in this as well. I bought a ramrod back in '97 or '98. It really didn't get used that much because none of my crews liked it. No power and after awhile it got harder and harder to start, but maybe that was from the lack of use. We ended up selling a couple years later at a huge loss.

I really like the concept of the mini-loader, but the whole experience left a bad taste in my mouth. Now I see everyone is buying them and it's got me confused. Did I just happen to get a bad one? Or have they improved dramatically in the past few years?

It's a big capital outlay and am concerned about making the same mistake twice. If they've improved I would consider it though.

Can anyone shed some light here?

Dan

stumper067
06-23-2004, 07:36 AM
hoyboy, I know Ramrod did address the power problem not long after you bough yours, I really think I may have been the first to complain, they sent me two new Hdy. motors. I installed them and they made a huge improvement in the machines preformance.
As I stated eariler I still have this same machine today and it's still doing it's thing...I sure would like to try out a track Ramrod
or dingo just to see what that is like............

stumper

bcx400
06-23-2004, 06:21 PM
I bought a Ramrod 1150 last year. Had the rear axle break after 40 hours of use. Bent the loader bucket up pretty bad digging a patio last fall. I bought a new bucket this spring- bent it up again. I welded lots of reinforcements across the top, back, and sides- hopefully won't happen again.

When the machine isn't broken, its great! After one year of use, I realize I need a full size skid-steer or TLB. The mini-skids are nice, but do not have enough power and strength to do much besides light-duty work.

gary wise
08-01-2004, 11:00 PM
I bought 3 new Ramrods in Feb.04. They are junk. The tracks are great if youcan keep everything else together. Company can't send parts fast enough to keep me going. Major problems with machines and attachments. Gary

stockdl
02-08-2009, 10:42 PM
I have a model 1150 Ramrod and I agree it is a piece of junk. We have had numerous breaks in the mast and can not keep bearings in until you change to a U.S. made bearing. Also the chains kept breaking until we went to U.S. made chains. The Dealership in Kentucky were I purchased my machine has quit handling Ramrod because of poor craftsmanship and they Leon Mfg. will not stand behind their machine. I would recommend anyone looking for a Mini Skid take a look at the Boxer line.