PDA

View Full Version : dicamba weed control?

CharlieBingo
06-13-2004, 02:46 PM
I have seen this mixed with some weed and feeds, any opinions?

BCSteel
06-13-2004, 03:59 PM
Its in the mix that I use but have never used it solo so cant say for sure. It is also the lowest of all the active ingredients so I would assume that a little goes a long way?

gardenkeeper88
06-13-2004, 10:44 PM
The way I understand if I recall from my schooling Dicamba has to do with the systemic stabilizing part of the products. I believe it helps carry the other chemicals through the plant. Not too powerful alone.

neal-wolbertsinc
06-14-2004, 01:10 AM
Dicamba is a common partner with 2,4-D and others. It extends the "weeds controlled" list significently. It is very soluble and can move to weed roots easily. It can also move through the soil into other plant and tree roots so watch the rate and timing of app., especially if heavy rains occur your work area. Magnolias planted in lawns are particularly sensitive to it in the Northwest, not sure about your area. Neal

sidebuz
06-16-2004, 05:31 PM
Listen to Neal. Dicamba is a good broadleaf killer even by itself. Watch your rates and where it is applied. It will/can "get up and move" weeks after it is applied. Already seen it leave a lawn two weeks after it was applied and hit a soybean field (hot, humid days will cause this).