PDA

View Full Version : grubs

DBALLARD
06-14-2004, 07:10 AM
when is the best time to treat for grubs? A buddy of mine has a bad beetle problem and would like to kill them in the grub stage.

Rtom45
06-14-2004, 09:25 AM
Depending on the type of grub, generally from end of July into September.

gscone
06-14-2004, 11:05 AM
I believe June is an ideal time to lay down some grub killer....What product are you planning to use?

GC

sjj14
06-14-2004, 09:17 PM
Here in philly first generation is alive and kicking, beetles all over, Planning a Merit app over the next two weeks to prevent second and third generations from "grubbing"

gscone
06-15-2004, 03:19 PM
I already put down some Merit last week but intend to also put down some dylox around mid-august, making sure those grubs dont do any damage. Is this overkill?

GC

TSM
06-15-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by gscone
I already put down some Merit last week but intend to also put down some dylox around mid-august, making sure those grubs dont do any damage. Is this overkill?

GC

yes it is, relax, Merit does a nice job assuming you applied it correctly(rate/uniform application)

gscone
06-15-2004, 05:43 PM
I'm just being extra careful because last year 80% of my yard was destroyed by grubs and it was a costly lawn renovation.

TSM
06-15-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by gscone
I'm just being extra careful because last year 80% of my yard was destroyed by grubs and it was a costly lawn renovation.

I understand. Once someone has seen the damage grubs create they get a bit paranoid. ;)

There is nothing on the market that will kill 100% of a grub population. Merit will get 85-95% kill. This is excellent!
You do not need to kill every grub, you just need to keep the populations low so they dont do damage.

You'll be fine (again assuming all went right with the application, proper amount, proper coverage, watered in)

So, instead of spending your $$$ on dylox, take your self out for dinner
:D