PDA

View Full Version : Jasper remanufactured engine

gumspring
06-14-2004, 11:55 AM
Has anybody here ever had a Jasper remanufactured engine put in your truck or car? I'm thinking about getting one in my '95 Dodge Dakota and I would like hear experiences from others (both good and bad). My truck has 140K miles on it now but the body is still in excellent condition and I'm trying to decide if it's worth the $3600 it will cost to get the engine installed.

Any thoughts?

Loganwildman
06-14-2004, 01:58 PM
I don't think you'll have any trouble. I put a 350 short block in project truck a few years back and had no problems. Rebuilding engines is Jaspers speciality, so they ought to know what their doing. I know they also build engines for racing to, so their knowledge is extensive, and they are also warrentied.

jim dailey
06-15-2004, 08:45 AM
I worked at a garage during the winters. They used the Jasper engines all the time. Not a single problem. Contact the local salesperson. They will deliver right to your door, and pick-up the old engine, when you are ready. I am trying to remember the warranty terms: I beleive it is at least 3 years, 36,000 miles.

gumspring
06-15-2004, 09:53 AM
Thanks for the responses! I'm still trying to decide if I'll keep my truck or get another one but your input has been very valuable.

BTW, the warranty is 3 year, 75K miles. Of course, this would be my mechanic putting the engine in instead of me. The warranty might be different for individuals putting in their own engine.

Andyinchville
06-29-2004, 11:24 PM
My jasper engine is fine but I'm on my second jasper tranny (covered under warranty though)

budfreightliner
07-11-2004, 03:46 PM
i have a 1986 3/4 ton dodge van that has 581,000 miles on her and jasper has help her get here. i have had four jasper motors in this van and three of these engines where great. the first one, the second, and the forth where great engines. But the third on i got was a lemon of a motor use a quart every 150 to 200 miles for the first 3400 miles and after that it would use a quart every 300 to 350 miles. Jasper replace that motor for free under warenty after i had it drive it four and a half months and put 35,418 miles on it. the fouth one the replacement for the lemon currently has 75,900 miles on it and has been a good engine, but has started to show it age. I will be replacing the fourth one in a few month when it has 90,000 to 100,000 miles. just to let you know i drive an average of 150,000 a year. I work for a company that repairs and works on fork trucks and other industrial equipment.