PDA

View Full Version : Lesco

JRSlawn
06-14-2004, 12:21 PM
Has anyone had problems with lesco. I have been trying ge a couple bags of grannual iron and 2 back pack sprayers for 3 weeks now. Every time I call I ask do you have them they say know then I ask do you know when they will be in and I get another no. I was just on the website and it say they have 10 bags of iron and 8 back pack sprayers. I love lesco dont get me wrong but what do Ido about getting my products.

Jeff Smith
JRS Lawn & Landscape

Green Dreams
06-14-2004, 12:27 PM
Where are you? We had minimal problems with them at my last job....

JRSlawn
06-14-2004, 12:33 PM
I use the lesc out of akron, Ohio

TSM
06-14-2004, 03:12 PM
lesco sucks!!!

I hate to be so blunt, but its how i feel. The typical answer we used to get was, "the restock diliveries come on thursday."

we'd go there first thing friday expecting....you know, service! then we'd here, "sometimes they send a restock truck on tuesday, try back then."

okay, sure, guess we'll just sit around watching eachother getting older, huh??

PROUD to say I am LESCO FREE...and have been for months now. I have given them every chance under the sun. We spend a fair amount of $$$ on product, so iuts their loss, not mine

mr scag
06-14-2004, 05:09 PM
orderd carrier for my pg didnot show up till late april was extremely peed off

James Cormier
06-14-2004, 07:51 PM
Asking TSM about lesco is like asking me about Perma green

MrBarefoot
06-14-2004, 10:54 PM
I had a few problems with Lesco. Specifically when it came to pricing fert.

Its understandable that I would need to haggle with them over the products I want to offer. But I don't want to play games to get the best price.

A specific example was a product I wanted 8 bags of, and I asked for the best price. They offered me $13.50. I found a similar product for $9.00 down the street, and bought it. When Lesco guy sees it in my work van, he got upset that I didn't give him the chance to meet the price.

I don't want to play "I will match the best price you can find" game. Give me your best price and if your $4.50 more a bag then the next guy, we won't do business.

TSM
06-15-2004, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by James Cormier
Asking TSM about lesco is like asking me about Perma green

LOL, yep!!! :)

SWD
06-15-2004, 07:43 AM
This just goes to show you how different companies have different experiences.
I like doing busines with Lesco, I like the service center (although I rarely go-they deliver), I like the guys working there, and the prices I get are comparable to or better than other distributors.

Pilgrims' Pride
06-15-2004, 07:49 AM
So TSM,

Who are your preferred vendors now?
I use Charlie Grace quite a bit.
His prices are always reasonable and the service is perfect.
His guy is there when he says he'll be (When I ask for it)

I would like to find another co for chemicals though. That's not really Charlie's thing.

TSM
06-15-2004, 05:14 PM
Pilgrim, I do like UHS, they have always come thru for us and their prices are in line with every other company out there.

We also do quite a bit with RF Morse (they're down near you, Wareham)

You know the only thing Lesco had going for it was that they are so convienient. They are like dunkin donuts almost, one on every corner :)
We have dealt with Mashpee, Pembroke, Stoughton, Dartmouth, Warwick, Dennis....they're all the same. Nice bunch of guys...but I dont go there to make friends! Their corporate headquarters really seems to tie their hands, I almost feel sorry for them. We ordered a dozen of the little lock washers that go inside the hopper of a lesco spreader and holds the agitator in place (you knowe the one i mean, right?) anyway 2 weeks....yup 2 friggin weeks go by and they get ONE in. Then they tell me thats all corporate would send them??? I dont know, am I being lied too or is that for real?!? And they charged $1.65 foir the stupid thing. I found a company on line, The Nutty Co www.nutty.com that sells the same thing for .04cents.

We have been quoted some great prices by lesco, of course i know its because they want our business back, but i'd rather pay a few cents more on product and get it dilivered when we want it rather than give them another dime of my money.

We use lesco hydrolic spreaders, those things break cotter pins quite often on the drive wheel. Lesco knows this is a problem, you'd think they would stock the shelves with these cotter pins....but NOOO, 'we'll order it for you and....we have no idea when they'll come in or how many will come in'! Same on line company, same cotter pin....05cents each lesco is something like .55cents each.

SO, we stopped buying product some time back, now we dont need their cotter pins or lock washers anymore either :) :)

turfsurfer
06-15-2004, 08:00 PM
I must be lucky here in Central, Ohio because our store always have plenty of product and the guys are pretty helpful when needed. I use Lesco because it is the most consistent, cleanest product I've tried. Very little maintenance to the spreader during a production day due to product being dusty or gummy.

chefdrp
06-15-2004, 10:43 PM
My Lesco dealer is great. he is about an hr away from me and i get deliveries all the time. no matter what it is. New mower or just a belt. i get it right away.. Thanx again Joe and Jeff if you guys read this. Joe i know you do. LOL

LwnmwrMan22
06-15-2004, 11:19 PM
"Their corporate headquarters really seems to tie their hands, I almost feel sorry for them. We ordered a dozen of the little lock washers that go inside the hopper of a lesco spreader and holds the agitator in place (you knowe the one i mean, right?) anyway 2 weeks....yup 2 friggin weeks go by and they get ONE in. Then they tell me thats all corporate would send them??? I dont know, am I being lied too or is that for real?!? "

TSM -

I bought a new Kawi trimmer there last year. First school complex I did, lost the air filter cover and the air filter. Went back the next week, said, okay we'll order one in for you, it'll be here tomorrow, Tuesday. Same thing, 2 1/2 weeks. Got to the point I brought the trimmer into the store, said here you go, just take the piece. Wouldn't you know, my cover and air filter and just come in that morning.

I also had problems with getting a confirmation on an Ultra from there this spring. I do believe the guys in the service centers do have their hands tied behind there backs sometimes by corporate.

jajwrigh
06-15-2004, 11:29 PM
I have had no problems with my new Lesco dealer yet! We'll see what happens though!

firedude26
06-17-2004, 08:53 PM
My lesco dudes are great, if they dont have the part in stock but there is one on a machine there, they will take it off that and give it to me. I usually diker around with the pricing with them ,but if they are close i dont bother going somewhere else to save a quarter. If they are higher i will go elswhere.

fivestarlawnken
06-17-2004, 11:58 PM
Part of the AKRON store problem is I believe the old manager TIM is out in Austintown now.I like the store but do not hold my breath too long.Speed is not a major concern through the whole company.Oh well it works for when I need them. I just wish they would put a store in the Canton area!!!!!!!!!:confused: