PDA

View Full Version : Bought another truck...

GLS
06-15-2004, 02:17 AM
2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT 4x4
6.6L Duramax TurboDiesel (LB7)
Allison 5-Speed Auto

GLS
06-15-2004, 02:21 AM
Towing the mowing trailer.

This is the first diesel i've ever driven and man does it have some power. Pulls the trailer like it is nothing.

Allison transmission is nice too. Grade-braking feature works great.

GLS
06-15-2004, 02:22 AM
Parked next to the other truck...

Major step up from a pre-vortec 350ci to a diesel. Unbelievable power difference.

GLS
06-15-2004, 02:26 AM
The powerplant...

Mods to come in the near future:

-Line-x spray in bed liner
-Husky floor liners

Mods wish list:

-Edge juice with attitude controller
-intake and exhaust
-tube steps
-snowplow, probably another western unimount for interchangability

WoodBrothersLC
06-15-2004, 09:36 AM
That is an awesome truck, are you going to put a dump insert in the new GMC or keep it how it is......Congratulations!

Avery
06-15-2004, 09:41 AM
Very nice truck! I have an '02 like it. Did the chip, intake, and exhaust work. It was strong before but just plain wicked now! :D

When pulling a heavy load I have to be extra gentle on the throttle when pulling out from a stop like at traffic signals. It will light the rear tires like it is on ice.

TLS
06-15-2004, 09:56 AM
NICE truck Ryan!

How many miles on it?

Looks like its Loaded too! I see OnStar on the roof. That's usually an indication of a fully loaded one.

That truck was probably close to $50K sticker when new!

Have fun with your HotRod! :D

wriken
06-15-2004, 12:36 PM
diesel's are nice, hard to go back to a gasser

JCKL
06-15-2004, 04:02 PM
As time goes on you'll love it even more.. I know I do with my 04 dmax :)

MudslinginFX4
06-15-2004, 04:43 PM
Wow, nice truck! Only problem that I can see is it doesn't have a blue oval on the front of it, but it's still very nice!

gogetter
06-15-2004, 08:39 PM
Nice truck Ryan. I'm curious (and if it's non of my business, say so), are you adding a crew or just moving the '95 to a back up truck or what?

Are you gonna letter it up to match the '95?

Good luck with it!

kppurn
06-15-2004, 09:00 PM
Very nice truck GLS!

DLCS
06-15-2004, 09:58 PM
Nice looking truck, business must be good in the QCA.

Eric 1
06-15-2004, 10:46 PM
Drool, Drool, If it were me though i would have got a long bed. :cool:

LLandscaping
06-16-2004, 12:57 AM
We just traded a 2002 Chevy 2500HD 6.0 Liter 4x4 on a 2004 Chevy 2500HD Duramax 4x4 with the new motor, it is suspose to have more horsepower than the previous Duramax's. The gas mileage is great compared to the 6.0 liter.

soccerlawn
06-16-2004, 01:35 AM
Thats a hot lookin truck, man I wish i had one of those.

GLS
06-16-2004, 01:50 AM
Thanks for all of the compliments. I'll try to address all of the questions:)

Avery - which chip did you go with? I plan on eventually installing the edge juice with the attitude controller (displays egt, boost, 0-60 etc). The "hot juice" I think is supposed to add 125 hp? on the highest level. Do you notice any transmisison slipping with your mods or is your transmission beefed up? Also, what exhaust/intake did you go with?

TLS - It has 54,000 miles. It is just about loaded, only things that I can think of that it doesn't have are: auto climate control and bose stereo system (I think that was an option at the time?). It has more options than I need/wanted, but it was one of the few used duramaxes I have seen around here. Not sure how much sticker was new, but I probably paid close to half that:)

wriken - that's what everybody always says. I think I know what you mean now:)

gogetter - The business is currently being run by my brother and me. No employees yet. We just wanted to have two trucks because we are getting into fertilization, landscaping, and other related work other than mowing. THis way one of us can go mow while the other is at another job. Also, we need another plow truck for the winter. After we get a plow hung on it, we can both go plow. Also will have a backup plow truck if one failed.

We plan on putting some graphics on the back windows. But we are considering a name change before we do it.

Eric 1 - We would have preferred a long bed, but a used duramax w/longbed is somewhat hard to find used. It's not too big of a deal though since we have the other truck. Probably use the new truck for more of a tow vehicle.

LLandscaping - I think the older dmax's (LB7) had 520 lbs-ft torque and 300hp. The new dmax's (LLY) I think have 590 lbs-ft torque and 310hp. Fuel mileage is definately better than the 6.0L, but even better than that is the power:)

GLS
06-16-2004, 01:54 AM
woops, forgot one...

WoodBrothersLC - we are thinking about putting a "shorty" ez-dumper in the new one. It is a nice thing to have. But we will probably do without for now and see what happens.

GLS
06-16-2004, 02:13 AM
One more thing Avery...how much does that combo weigh? Very nice load, I wouldn't mind having a machine like that:) Very nice fleet you have.

myoder
06-17-2004, 12:17 AM
Congrats on the new truck, GLS!!! Gotta love the Duramax...

Sweet looking truck and good luck with it!

GLS
06-18-2004, 12:28 AM
Thanks Mike.

Does your truck have an X-blade on it or am I thinking of someone else? If so, how do you like it? We will eventually be buying a plow for this truck and not sure what to get. A blizzard or v-plow might be a little heavy for it. We were thinking either a small western straight blade or maybe an 8' x-blade?

rookiemower
06-18-2004, 02:42 AM
GLS all i can say is your trucks make me SICK,

with gelousy, every thing you own is beautiful, the time you take makin your equipment look the way it does is awesome! i love both your trucks and your equipment you guys are doing damn good for your age! SWEET TRUCK AND even sweeter rig!

myoder
06-19-2004, 06:31 PM
GLS,
Yup, I have the X-blade and got to use it alot this past winter and will buy one again in the future... The scraping is awesome and the foiling action of the snow is awesome... the only thing that isn't that great is the plow is loud, but after the plow is broken in, you don't notice it as much. Plus, its a good looking plow too...

I would highly reccomend it.

jajwrigh
06-21-2004, 03:16 AM
Nice truck!!! Enjoy the years of service it gives you!!