PDA

View Full Version : Flea & Tick killer for permimeter of house?

awayneward
06-15-2004, 11:21 AM
I have a customer that lives in a location that has some light woods around the property, approximately 2 acres. The house is in the center of the property and he has two dogs. He is wanting something applied around the perimeter of the house to help keep down the infestation of fleas and ticks. Anyone have a surefire solution for this. Thank you

Avery
06-15-2004, 11:29 AM
Talstar granular. Excellent residual.

TLS
06-15-2004, 11:36 AM
I've been using Cyfluthrin granules around the perimeter of my house for about 4 years now. Usually pick up a bag at Home Cheapo, spread it with a handheld spreader about 20' out. Don't see any spiders, or bugs in the house much at all. I also treat all window and door sills with a similar spray product.

Kills: Fleas, Ticks, Carpenter Ants, Roaches, Spiders, and lots of other "Creapy Crawlies".

It's labled safe for restaurants/commercial kitchens.

Pecker
06-15-2004, 02:34 PM
I use Diazinon granules around my house, but I don't think you can use it professionally. I have 2 dogs (pampered show breeds and fleas drive them absoultely crazy) and my neighbors on both sides have outside dogs that are flea bound. So far it has been great for them. However, the previous posts sound more applicable to your situation. But I just wanted to share my experience.

martn
06-15-2004, 08:07 PM
Permethrin. It is active ingredient in all flea and tick products. I think you can purchase it from HD in a liquid. Lesco has it.

awayneward
06-15-2004, 09:10 PM
Thank you for your responses, I will let you know how this project works out.

ZX12R
06-17-2004, 11:33 PM
Will talstar take care of black ants?

Ric
06-18-2004, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by ZX12R
Will talstar take care of black ants?

Here in the Bug Capital of America (Florida), Talstar is the number one insecticide used both inside and out for just about all insects.

ZX12R
06-18-2004, 12:12 AM
Thanks for the reply.I heard Talstar was actually pretty safe compared to insecticides of recent years.If I recall correctly,a dog can lick it off the ground without getting sick.Try that with Diazinon.(lol)

sprayman73703
06-18-2004, 01:42 AM
I have had great luck with "Tempo EC". It is basically save around humans and animals, but will kill all insects and even scorpions. It is even labeled for use inside homes. Plus it isn't real expensive and easy to use since it takes just a small amount of product. The only drawback is that additional apllications are needed after a rain of watering if the insect problems still exist.

Aleman
06-18-2004, 08:44 AM
Talstar works great. If your trying to get rid of ticks, remember they tend to hand around in the trees and bushes, not so much on the ground.