PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody ordered equipment from Alamia.com ??

Turfer
06-02-2000, 10:21 AM
The alamia.com site has some pretty good prices. Toro z100, 17 kaw, 44&quot; $5695 plus no sales tax. Has anybody ordered from them or any other internet site. The shipping is also free. I understand the issue with dealer service but this is almost $900 cheaper than I can get it at my local dealer. Thanks.<br>

Nilsson Associates
06-02-2000, 02:33 PM
I know of some that ordered from alamia dot com had good things to say about them. Why not save the $900 ? I don't get endorsement money from them to say that ... but pretty soon I'm going to start charging. I indirectly endorse and recommend lots of products in this bizz ... most of the folks know this ... yet not even a thank you? Some people stay on the take but not give side of life. <p>Nilsson Associates<br>Green Industry Consultants

Dennis
06-02-2000, 10:07 PM
I have ordered a shin. weedeater and<br>a redmax blower,both arrived ingood shape.<br>I have so far NO complaints.

Northwest
06-04-2000, 05:21 AM
I ordered the same combo, delivered in good condition. No complaints.

FIREMAN
06-04-2000, 08:11 AM
ANY ONE KNOW OF A SITE THAT OFFERS WALKERS AT THESE KIND OF DISCOUNTS?????

grasscapeinc
06-04-2000, 07:31 PM
Worked for me also<br>REd Max stuff

bigbob
06-06-2000, 08:56 PM
I checked out the site. The prices for the Skag Turf Tiger seemed very good (no sales tax and free shipping). My big question is are such items as ZTRs in the crate assembled ready to go? I was a local Skag distributor a few weeks ago and one of his mechanics was assembling one. The unit didn't even have the wheels attached and the deck was sitting on a pallet. The savings may seem attractive, but assembling and adjusting one of the these machines may not be fun. Just asking.<p>----------<br>Bigbob<br>Houston, TX

GrassRoots Lawn Care
06-07-2000, 03:13 PM
I've ordered a Shin T-230, everything was fine... a mower is a different story.<p>----------<br>Mike Reynolds,<br>GrassRoots Lawn Care, Florida

Keith
06-07-2000, 03:55 PM
I posted this when I first bought my T230 from Alamia. The engine cover and shield both had small cracks in them. I emailed them with the problem, they responded within 30 minutes of opening the following day, and sent replacement parts right away. The best thing is they did not require the trimmer to be sent back, so I could use it right away. I will buy from them again.<p>As for a ZTR, that is a different story. If we had limited dealers I might consider it, but on an item like that I will pay a little more.