PDA

View Full Version : Truck Help

89Ranger
06-15-2004, 04:55 PM
Hi,
I am currently not in this business but hoping to be next summer. I have a 1989 Ford Ranger w/ 2.9L V6 and 4WD and automatic. Do u guys think this might be a big enough trailer for towing a 6X10 or 6X12 flatbed trailer? Also my other question is how long did it take u guys to be able to buy the bigger 3/4 tons and the bigger equipment?

I am currently trying to save my money and on the trailer i am probably going to be hauling a Garden tractor, two push mowers, trimmer racks for two trimmers, garden tools, and probably 3 32-gallon trash cans. If i can find a cheap tiller i will be hauling a small one of those. So do u think my ranger can tow that with some heavier duty suspension in the back or do u think i need to go in to debt and buy a 1/2 ton dodge or ford reg. cab long box?

any help u can give me would really help in my business planning.

Thanks
Jon

89Ranger
06-16-2004, 01:24 AM
Y can't i get people to answer my posts?

Moe Fish
06-16-2004, 10:13 AM
What is the truck rated to tow?
what is the weight of all that stuff?
no one replyed because only you can answer this or you did not wait long enough for someone with a setup like yours to find your post.

imograss
06-17-2004, 07:25 PM
You can find decent deals on 3/4 and ton trucks. I see alot of guys using the s10's and rangers explorers blazers ect. but they just aint geared to pull full time. They will get the job done most of the time but it really puts a little extra wear & tear on one. I gave 3200.00 for an 88F250 HD back in 98. It has a 351 auto in it and it does great I probably dont even have 4500.00 total in it to the day. There are good ones to be found if you look long enough.
Tim