PDA

View Full Version : Lontrel... where can i get it ?

weedhopper
06-16-2004, 12:06 AM
can anyone tell me where too, or if i can purchase Lontrel.i am not licensed.any idea of price of this product.thanks to any and all comments.

Ric
06-16-2004, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by weedhopper
can anyone tell me where too, or if i can purchase Lontrel.i am not licensed.any idea of price of this product.thanks to any and all comments.

Weedhopper

Lontrel is a GUP. Therefore it is legal for anyone to buy without a pesticide license just like all of the pesticides at Home Cheapo Etc Etc. Where you apply those chemicals is what the license is all about. The Chemical lobby is such that this will never change and that is wrong in my opinion.

You can legally apply GUP (general use pesticides) to your own property.

Try your local Lesco.

weedhopper
06-17-2004, 01:20 AM
thanks ric,
heard so much about lesco on here but have never heard of one in my area.but i will find one.thanks so much. anybody in va know where there is a lesco dealer.

Premo Services
06-17-2004, 08:12 AM
try www.lesco.com click find a dealer at top of page.

martn
06-17-2004, 09:19 PM
It has been taken off the market

ohiolawnguy
06-18-2004, 09:26 PM
confront will be taken the market, not lontrel. lontrel is the new replacement for confront. i bvelieve that confront is already banned in the state of washington.

Ric
06-18-2004, 09:48 PM
Sorry but the way chemicals come and go off the market I can't aways keep up. I remember hearing something about Lontrel going off market. However it is listed on the Dow website. I have some Lontrel but never use it. It is a good product, but I have found the only thing I need it for is Black Medic. Black Medic is a product of low nitrogen and that has not been a problem for me since I went to slow release granules.

tremor
06-19-2004, 10:27 AM
Lontrel is clopyralid which is the same active ingredient that caused Confront to lose it's residential use. Neither has been taken off the market. Just the residential use prtion of the label has been removed. As such, some sales/distributors will choose to no longer sell it. The other Confront active ingredient is Trichlopyr & is still OK for residential use.

DOW's "replacement" for Clopyralid is "Fluroxypyr" & will be marketed under the trade name Spotlight (26.2% fluroxxypyr). The bottle I have here on my desk carries a Warning label due "substantial but temporary eye injury". So it appears to be less dangerous than 2,4-d in that respect.

Spotlight Label:
http://www.cdms.net/manuf/1prod.asp?pd=7077&lc=2

Lontrel Info:
http://www.dowagro.com/turf/prod/lontrel.htm