PDA

View Full Version : GMC Sierra or Ford f-150

Petr51488
06-16-2004, 02:03 AM
I wanted to get an opinion from you Guy's. I was thinking of getting a ford f-150 4 door.. or extended cab. But when i looked on ebay the GMC Sierra's a cheap. I could get a 2002 for about 16,000. I also wanted to use this truck as an every day truck. Which truck is better to use as an every day type? Which is more comfortable? And which can haul better? Any opinions? Pro's? Con's about both? Thanks

WoodBrothersLC
06-16-2004, 02:13 AM
Every person is going to take their side and be a "Chevy Man" or "Ford Man", but the truth is you gotta go w/ what works. My friend's dad runs a successful company where he runs about 12-15 GMC and Chevrolet trucks anywhere from early '70s to late '90s. Granted, he has a full time mechanic to fix problems, he swears by these trucks. He has a couple Fords, but they sit in the lot in the back of his office building. Just ask around and stick w/ what works.

Burger
06-16-2004, 03:03 AM
I buy chevy for one reason, and one reason only. When it breaks, the Chevy dealer ship here takes care of me. The Ford Dealership's service Department is the laughing stock of my town. Thats ok, they spend most of their time fixing warranty claims anyway...
Two Towns over? it is exactly the opposite. The Ford Dealership's service Department Rocks, put the chevy fella in the poor house.
Use what works.

PMLAWN
06-16-2004, 04:44 AM
Which is better--chocolate or vanilla?

The answer to this question and yours will be nothing but personal preferance.

polecat63
06-16-2004, 07:45 AM
I have 270,000 miles on my GMC, I haven't had a Ford last over 180,000. Could be I just lucked out with the GMC and had a few Ford lemeons, but GMC/Chevy has my vote.

twins_lawn_care
06-16-2004, 11:36 AM
I am still fairly new to this, but I agree with the posts, it's really what can work for you. I have owned Chevy's all my life, and juts feel more comfortable being familiar with them from working on them myself. I am a Chevy Man, but that's not to say I wouldn't be driving a Ford if it was better for my business.
look at things such as repair costs, gas mileage MPG, towing ability, etc. things like that. then if you narrow it down to specific years of a couple trucks you are looking at, do some research on reviews of those trucks, and things that are noted to go wrong more often, such as big items like transmissions etc.
all in all, make an educated decision, and you should have nothing to worry about.

but to be plain and simple to answer your question. CHEVY :cool:

hosejockey2002
06-16-2004, 01:19 PM
Buy whichever one you like better. They are both good trucks. Despite what Ford guys or Chevy/GMC (same truck) guys may say, they are close to being equal in power, payload, price, reliability and durability. I'm driving a Chevy right now, but my next truck could easily be a Ford or Dodge.

green writer
06-16-2004, 02:37 PM
Check out intellichoice.com. They give a projected cost of ownership based on the model and make in reference to insurance costs, maintenance, fuel, and repairs. It gives a pretty good idea how much you can expect the total cost of a vehicle to be-not just from the initial purchase. Maybe that can help you decide between the two.

myoder
06-17-2004, 12:11 AM
I would go with GMC