PDA

View Full Version : Mulch Removal & Rock Install Questions

TreffertLawnWrx
06-16-2004, 02:29 PM
Seasonal contracted customer (lawn care & snow removal) has a island inside of their circle driveway that is approxamately 4,100 square feet (75ft x 55ft). and an ladcaped island in front of the house which is about 20 feet away from the (driveway) island, thats is about 875 square feet (25ft x 35ft).

Both island's house shredded mulch about 3 inches deep which we are going to remove and replace with river rock.

There are large pine trees inside of each island, 5 or so on the driveway and 3 in front of the house. That will be trimmed up so to fit a dingo for install. 3 installers.

Please help price the following items!

1. Mulch will be hand raked out and shoveled/skiddsteer into my 14ft dump trailer? plus disposal fees.

2. Lay poly weed barrier over base of both islands. How much ploy needed and cost?

3.River rock is 15.00 per ton. There is a 93.00 delivery for 1 truck= 14 yards.

4. Skiddsteer rental is about 185 per day.

I play on taking 1 day to remove the mulch and lay down the barrier, and 1 day to install the rock. a total price send by PM seems to be the most honest way of getting a correct bid and that would be greatly appreciatied. However a simple reply will also be helpful. I hope i have provided all the correct info. Thanks in advance Scott!

TreffertLawnWrx
06-16-2004, 04:10 PM
Ok It seems I have added a little wrong. the total amount will be 20 yards covering approxamately 2100 sq feet sorry. I can get the rock a 15.00 ton with a 95.00 delivery which i will need two of.

5 rolls at 35.00 a roll of 4x100.

Lombardi
06-16-2004, 05:59 PM
Just put the rock over the mulch. Regardless of what you do, weed mat is not needed. Apply Preen instead.
I charge $60/ton plus the cost of the rock delivered and spread.

D Felix
06-17-2004, 09:04 AM
Fabric is required under the rock. Whatever you do, make sure that you put it under there!

We just finished a job removing river rock, then re-installing river rock. It was a MAJOR PITA, all because there was no fabric under the rock to begin with. There was NO weed control, and the rock just settled and mixed with the soil.

I would have to agree with Lombardi though on putting it over the mulch. Unless the mulch is very thick in places, or you have mulch "volcanoes" around the trees, I don't think you will gain much by removing the mulch.

Oh, and as far as limbing up the pines, reconsider that. I think you will discover that they look better in their natural, un-limbed state......:)

Dan