PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Light PROBLEMS

ARLawnCare#1
06-17-2004, 06:15 PM
I consider myself a trailer light expert.(Until today) My gooseneck has four round lights in the back, six clearance lights, $ licenses plate light. All lights work, BUT when I put the hazard lights on and the tail lights, the clearance lights flash VERY slightly. Sitting in the shop it does this. When I drive the trailer it blows the tail light fuse. Where am I getting the blinking in the clearance lights?? Should a four lights flash & have tail lights? Should two flash and two tail light? PLEASE HELP!! THANKS!!!!!!

budracin
06-17-2004, 06:56 PM
sounds like you may have a ground problem. Only the two outer lights should flash. Do you have a 6 plug pigtail?

grass_cuttin_fool
06-17-2004, 08:30 PM
Yep sounds like a ground problem

LeoS818
06-17-2004, 09:00 PM
I worked in an auto repair garage for several years. One time a car came in with some light problems. Bout pulled all my hair out lookin for the trouble. What I found was a new 1157 bulb that the elements were touching each other in the glass that was suppose to keep them seperate.

MDB270
06-17-2004, 10:01 PM
try taking a piece of like 12-14 guage wire and find a good groune on the truck and trailer and use the crimp on eyelets and then a connector you can disconect in the middle, and when you hook up and plug in you main plug also hood those wires together and you will have a good ground flowing through

specialtylc
06-17-2004, 10:22 PM
If its a late model truck, you need to have a converter for the trailer lights. Or you have it wired wrong.

Potchkins
06-20-2004, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by specialtylc
If its a late model truck, you need to have a converter for the trailer lights. Or you have it wired wrong.

you only need a converter if the truck has rear amber turn signals

i would say ground problem