PDA

View Full Version : My New Ultimate Lawn Truck

franniedog
06-17-2004, 07:48 PM
This is the whole rig.

franniedog
06-17-2004, 07:50 PM
This is the left side of the truck where debris comes out.

Rich's Lawn Care
06-17-2004, 07:52 PM
WOW!!!! that is cool. What did that run you?

franniedog
06-17-2004, 07:53 PM
This is really the left side of the truck, where debris comes out.

franniedog
06-17-2004, 07:54 PM
Debris exits on this moving floor system.

franniedog
06-17-2004, 07:56 PM
This 4 horse Kohler engine runs the hydraulics for the dumper, the beavertail, the tailgate and the moving floor.

franniedog
06-17-2004, 07:58 PM
The rear 4 feet dovetails down hydraulically.

franniedog
06-17-2004, 07:59 PM
Tailgate also lowers hydraulically.

franniedog
06-17-2004, 08:01 PM
The debris loading box, which can hold up to 1,000 pounds, is in the down position here. It can be operated off a panel on the side of the truck or by remote control.

franniedog
06-17-2004, 08:02 PM
Debris box moving up the candy cane going to dump.

franniedog
06-17-2004, 08:03 PM
Two 11-gal gravity feed fuel tanks in locking cage.

franniedog
06-17-2004, 08:05 PM
Weed whacker racks of pecan stained pressure treated wood.

franniedog
06-17-2004, 08:07 PM
Custom blower shelf.

franniedog
06-17-2004, 08:09 PM
Cab interior, fully loaded.

franniedog
06-17-2004, 08:12 PM
Cab tipped up to show engine.

franniedog
06-17-2004, 08:13 PM
Engine, 2005 Isuzu 4-cyl. turbocharged diesel, with jake brake

Palmer Lawn Care
06-17-2004, 08:34 PM
very nice, I want one know...

franniedog
06-17-2004, 08:38 PM
Just let me know and I can tell you how,and where,its the greatest truck I can ever want and a true joy to own and operate

M Raggs Yard Service
06-17-2004, 08:48 PM
First class all the way!

Sooooooooooo Impresed.

You look like a very dedicated LCO.

Your pics. are very much apreciated.

franniedog
06-17-2004, 08:57 PM
Thasnks so much for the kind words.I have worked 24 years and now I can honestly say I deserve this sweet ride I have and Imy work day is so much easier because of it

Lawn-Scapes
06-17-2004, 09:03 PM
Very nice! Good luck with it..

So.. how much does a rig like that run?

BCSteel
06-17-2004, 09:07 PM
Drool, drool...

Nice Ride!

Drool, Drool...

I dont think that I could have even dreamed up something that impressive.

edward hedrick
06-17-2004, 09:43 PM
Where do you dump the load? I have a Walker also.

Who is your dealer? Just the right tool. Ed

soccerlawn
06-17-2004, 09:55 PM
That is one sweet truck, very impressive.

The Lawn Boy Pro
06-17-2004, 09:55 PM
Its a Dump & Go!!!:)

Check out their stuff at: http://www.dumpngo.com

http://www.dumpngo.com/images/dumpandgo.gif

franniedog
06-17-2004, 10:24 PM
Ed,you just hit a switch and the debris conveys out the driver side.And yes it is a dump and go with some added options.I looked at one personally in Mass. in late March and had to have one.They are indeed a great work machine.I bought the truck from Nutmeg in Hartford and had it drp shipped to Kansas to build the body.Any other questions just ask

Lawn-Scapes
06-17-2004, 10:37 PM
Any other questions just ask

I already did... so did another person. How much does a rig like that cost???

Thanks

Rich's Lawn Care
06-17-2004, 10:39 PM
Where in mass did you look at one?

franniedog
06-17-2004, 10:45 PM
Sorry to overlook your question Lawnscapes.The Isuzu itself was 35000 and the custom dump and go body was another 19000.I looked at a guys truck in springfiel Mass.Anyone interested in seeing mine may also see it if you live near me.

Green Pastures
06-17-2004, 11:06 PM
I was looking at just a trailer from them and it was over $18,000, I think it's kinda high but boy is that ever the right rig to have if you're a Walker owner.

Thanks for sharing the pics.

Matter of fact I just got my brochure in the mail from Unruh Fab, the makers of the Dump and Go line today.

franniedog
06-18-2004, 06:21 AM
Scott,I believe if anyone is going to go this route it is rather stupid to use a trailer.One of the main reasons and there are several I chose this is because I no longer need trailers.I sold both my open and enclosed. This has made me a one man operation.I am saving 600 a week in labor,several hundred a month in gas,huge writedown for next years taxes plus depreciation.I could on and on.But not having the pressure of running a trailer,tires brakes hooking unhooking ect is simply awesome.This setup also allows me to run all the 3 working seasons with this one truck

shepoutside
06-18-2004, 07:45 AM
Love the setup, and love the remote control feature for the dump. Hope I can find a dealer in Canada. THnaks for the great pic's !

FGM350
06-18-2004, 01:00 PM
Franniedog
Awesome set up! That makes me want one! Get rid of the truck and trailer combo! Now what about plowing in the winter? If you do plowing at all? any way good luck!

fordsrule
06-18-2004, 01:32 PM
Thats a nice truck.

Something to dream about for when im older.

No if i could just get my dad to by one so i can get an even bigger mower to replace my 38'' ride on toro :rolleyes: jk

barringtonbrothers
06-18-2004, 01:59 PM
Wow, now thats a lco truck if I ever saw one.

precisioncut
06-18-2004, 07:10 PM
I think that is the coolest lawn truck I have ever seen. What it would be like to have one! GREAT TRUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Del9175
06-18-2004, 07:32 PM
That is without a doubt an ultimate truck. Awesome.

edward hedrick
06-18-2004, 09:31 PM
I see how it works. Where do ypu dump the load when truck

is full?? Ed

franniedog
06-18-2004, 10:45 PM
Ed The load comes out the diriver side on a moving floor.their is a forward and reverse toggle switch.The picture of me holding open the left side door is where it empties.Anymore questions or if you care to personally look at the truck just let me know.you could even call me if you like.Just let me know so I can give you telephone number

Jeff

greenedge
06-19-2004, 08:59 AM
I like that set up

ksland
06-19-2004, 08:25 PM
How many lawns do you mow? Is that all you do is mow?

franniedog
06-20-2004, 06:39 AM
If you asking in an around about way how you affored that rig.Here is how I justify it.I have been doing lawn care for 24 years.I am now 48.As you age you need to find easier ways to work if you intend on staying in this line of work.I have had 1 full time person helping me for as long as I can remember.Last year he does not show up for a week.So the help issue was bothering me.I was paying him well.I wlii let you wonder how well but he was well paid.I now go solo,A few more hours each day I grant you but easier hours.The money now goes to me so I can purchase eguipment to make me more productive and still have a good deal of cash net more.I do around 85 lawns in peak mowing season.I also have a huge shrub and hegde trimming route which I developed over the years.In dry summers this keeps me busy myself all summer.In wet summers I have a guy who helps me part time so I can maintain mowing.I also have a full sring and fall cleanup lineup which this truck will work wonders for.I do just a little plowing and will eventually drop the plowing entirely.

mexiking
06-21-2004, 07:43 PM
damn im barely trying to keep up with my 2004 silverado 350 dump truck... ill wait a few years to get something cool like that heh

myoder
06-21-2004, 09:35 PM
congrats on the new truck, that is an awesome rig!

FreshCuts
06-22-2004, 12:56 PM
That is one sweet truck you got there.

fga
06-22-2004, 09:07 PM
all that for a solo operation........ perfect! I daydream about that stuff I could buy if i didn't have to pay payroll. All the profits go in your pocket! Awesome truck!

James Cormier
06-23-2004, 06:13 PM
The rear 4 feet dovetails down hydraulically. Now that slick, I dont mow anymore but if I did that would be a great tool. Ive seen this set up a few times but that the first time I ever saw a hydraulic beaver tail.

How high is the bucket during transport? Seems high, does it drop inside the bin when driving?

franniedog
06-23-2004, 07:11 PM
Hi James

Yea there is a guy in Mass.who has a dump and go.I actually looked at his before I bought mine.The original guy who designed the sytem sold out To UnRuh Fab in Kansas.They came up with the hydraulic beavertail.The bucket is at 11 feet 6 inches. during transport.Never had a problem yet with height.This is one fine truck and I am so happy to have it.

Thanks Jeff

BrianK10
06-23-2004, 10:06 PM
Thats one pretty rig. :drinkup:

Brian

leadarrows
06-25-2004, 12:29 AM
Note too self......Change mind completely about the kind of truck I want.

chuckers
06-26-2004, 05:46 PM
i would hide behind a hedge row if i seen you comming i would be embarressed

allaccesslandscaping
06-29-2004, 12:15 AM
hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

SUper super nice How much

gator-town
06-29-2004, 06:45 AM
franniedog ... can't tell from the pics what equipment you are using or running other than echo hand tools ... in 24 years you must have tried them all ... I am very interested in what have you settled on especially with repect to Z's and WB's ... thanks .

Strawbridge Lawn
06-29-2004, 07:08 AM
Very Nice.. Can the debris container hold Mulch? that could be loaded into a whel barrow or larger tow trailer along side?

franniedog
06-29-2004, 04:55 PM
Hi Strawbridge.Sure can hold mulch.That is just one of the many reasons I got this setup.I did alot of thinking and this truck really sreves many purposes.You have to get loaded by a smal;l bucket because the box is 6 feet wide.The box is also 8 feet long so you can hold up to 9 yards or 3000 lbs.It simply is an awesome rig.And yes you can put a wheelbarrow at the door and stop and start the conveyor.I also should tell you you can reverse the floor to load rock and wood ect.I could go on and on but let me know if you want any more info before I bore you.

Thanks so much Jeff

gen2c
07-02-2004, 02:59 AM
What are the dimensions of the truck?

franniedog
07-02-2004, 02:05 PM
The overall lenght is 29 feet.The flat bed with dovetail down is 13 feet.With dovetail up it is 17 feet.The width is 8 feet.The debris box is 6 feet long and 8 ffet wide, same as flat bed.The debris height is 6 feet.With the loader box in the up postion the overall height of truck is 11 feet 6 inches.The deck is 40 inches off ground.Any other questions just reply.

turpsturf
07-04-2004, 12:37 AM
That is one really nice setup, esp. for those walker mowers.

gen2c
07-04-2004, 03:18 AM
Thought it would have been longer. I have a thing/sweet tooth for efficency. I am new to this biz and your truck is an inspiration in many ways. Do you have any pics of your old set up? Or your old truck in front of new one. I have pulled a boat trailer before and do not like it one bit, I'm paranoid. Plus I plan on moving to California where people like to drive 6 inches away from eachother. I am hoping I could just do with a bed (8ft) of a truck(unrealistic, but I will try) till I can get something like yours(used). What do you think it would be worth in terms of resale 3 years down the line? I know I sound like I am getting ahead of myself, but I like to take comfort in knowing/expecting. Also what kind of milage are you getting?

GTLC
07-06-2004, 08:33 PM
Wow...I never knew you can get a Jake brake for an Isuzu NPR. I must say it looks quite professional. It seems like you have your whole fleet of equipment on one vehicle.

franniedog
07-07-2004, 04:20 PM
I don't know about the npr.My truck is the diesel nqr 18000 gvw to hanle the body and the weight.Nqrs come with the jakes.I do have my fllet on one truck.Just as I want and planned.

walker-talker
08-02-2004, 12:00 PM
How often do you have to dump you box and is it ever difficult when it's completely full? I am only about 20 minutes from what they make the dump-n-go, so I might have to take a drive over there and check them out soon.

franniedog
08-02-2004, 06:01 PM
Hi Walker Talker

Believe it or not I have never totally filled the hopper yet.One time I had it almost full.No problem with it coming off the truck.I seem to be able to go most of a week before unloading if you can stand the smell of decaying grass.I totally love the truck.By all means look into one.

coastallandscapesolutions
01-14-2005, 11:09 PM
This is really the left side of the truck, where debris comes out.

How long a bed does your truck have? Both the level part and the beaver tail.

franniedog
01-15-2005, 08:37 AM
Morning Coastal

The truck deck itself is 13 feet plus 4 feet of beavertail which can be run flat for a total of 17.This does not include the hopper which is 5 feet long.The deck itself is 1/4 plate and the beavertail is heavy duty expanded metal.You can drive a car up there if you want.Any questions feel free to ask.I love talking about this truck and people up here love looking at it.Hey even come here and see it!!!!!thanks jeff

01-15-2005, 09:22 AM
Did you go through a dealer to purchase it?

DUSTYCEDAR
01-15-2005, 09:26 AM
very nice truck
i was going to buy a superlawn truck
i did not need the dump hopper but i loved the hyd ramp idea
but now seeing your setup i like that to
and like u said working solo u should have a nice ride its your office and if it saves u money go 4 it
good luck with it :waving:

franniedog
01-15-2005, 09:28 AM
Hi again Coastal.

I went thru a local dealer for the truck so I could get service but I had the cab drop shipped to Kansas to have the body installed.If you really would like some info feel free to phone me.Just let me know and I will send you my phone number.I would be more than happy to talk to you about the vehicle.

BMFD92
01-15-2005, 03:45 PM
what mowers are on there other then the walker?

Tom Gs
01-15-2005, 03:59 PM
Nice set-up. :)

MLI
01-15-2005, 05:22 PM
Theres a guy around here that has a version of your truck ...only it has the Kodiak front from chevy...with a Cat diesel. He also had a steel fabricated box welded on the back of truck to enclose it like a box truck. Its has a similar dump system behine the cab...on board fuel station for mix and reg fuel...and a ton of tool boxes on it. He had probabaly 60k into this truck, and used it for 3 yrs. I always thought the truck was a little big for suburbs of Boston, and still could only get 3 guys in cab. So I always thought the dump/trailer setup we run now was grossing the same amount per month....only our nut was half the cost of his. Im sure the note was double than my 1 ton, and Ins prob cost twice as much to have on road. Where I think a truck like yours will surpass the traditional setup...ie truck trailer couple of guys gas cans. etc etc is that 1 man ops can make a killing with little overhead. Your truck would only need to be dumped prob once a week with 1 guy running it all week. Fuel up first of the week with your tanks, and that would last all week(no gas station stops)no back probs with load system and Walker mower...it all seems like ++++++All the things that dig into the bottom line are eliminated with your setup for max net profit! Damn ya got me thinkin...oh and BTW......that guy traded his truck in (dont know why) and it sits in a local dealership for $33kwith 20K mi on it. Im in trouble...look what ya did!lol

cleancutccl
01-15-2005, 05:58 PM
Those trucks are made in Wichita Kansas, The guy that came up with the design sold the patent to the company that makes them now. The original designer is from my hometown in southwest kansas called Scott City. Population of around 8000. Its a small world.

franniedog
01-15-2005, 08:50 PM
There is a snapper 48 hydro,a 36 stealth and a 21 snapper besides the walker

TurfdudeNCSU
01-15-2005, 10:18 PM
Coastal, You can get that body made here in South Carolina, and have them add the dumping feature to it. They build those style bodies in Pamplico, SC at Double A.

Tony Clifton
01-16-2005, 11:23 AM
I would never let Double A build a body again. They built a 16' Dump body for our GMC 6500 and it is junk. Not put together very well at all, took them a week longer than it was supposed to, the welds are breaking, and the paint was horrible. They also wired in the brake controller wrong and it was causing the switch for the brake lights to go out every 1-2 months. Took a while to troubleshoot, thought they were bad switches then finally figured out what was going on.

TurfdudeNCSU
01-16-2005, 11:29 AM
Tony, Why didn't you take it back to them to fix the problems. They have built several for us and I think that the service and product is outstanding.

01-16-2005, 12:39 PM
Jeff,

Is there any way you can take a couple of pictures behind the cab and under the truck where the lift is? I need to know what modifications/lines have been done under there. Also, do you think an 18' box would fit behind the dump -n- go?

Brian

01-16-2005, 12:41 PM
Coastal, You can get that body made here in South Carolina, and have them add the dumping feature to it. They build those style bodies in Pamplico, SC at Double A.

The last two they made for me fell apart..... never again.

TurfdudeNCSU
01-16-2005, 02:51 PM
Coastal, What happen with those bodies to make them fall apart... I was just wondering,the only problem we have had are the latches for the rear gate broke off.

franniedog
01-16-2005, 04:39 PM
Hi again Coastal

first of all there were no modifications made since it was a new truck.Also the truck does not dump as it has a moving floor which I think is better because nothing sticks and the debris pushes out.As for the 18 foot box it might be possible but would probably be the limit.Really you should call me as it would be easier anserwing your questions.Or if you prefer I could call you.It would be pleasure.Let me know and we can discuss exactly what pictures you want Thanks Jeff

01-16-2005, 09:18 PM
Coastal, What happen with those bodies to make them fall apart... I was just wondering,the only problem we have had are the latches for the rear gate broke off.

The welds gave out after two years. We had to have most of the welds re-done.

01-16-2005, 09:20 PM
Hi again Coastal

first of all there were no modifications made since it was a new truck.Also the truck does not dump as it has a moving floor which I think is better because nothing sticks and the debris pushes out.As for the 18 foot box it might be possible but would probably be the limit.Really you should call me as it would be easier anserwing your questions.Or if you prefer I could call you.It would be pleasure.Let me know and we can discuss exactly what pictures you want Thanks Jeff

PM me with your number and I will give you a ring tomorrow.

Heim/TYGRO
01-17-2005, 02:52 PM
Dam nice rig, if you don't mind me asking, whats the final price tag on that monster?? Also, what company is that built by......

Ryan
Director of OPS
TYGRO Lawncare
Kansas City

Heim/TYGRO
01-17-2005, 02:53 PM
Also, my email ........rheim@tygro.com, thanks again.

franniedog
01-17-2005, 03:28 PM
Ryan,that truck body is built not far from you beleive it or not.It is built by Un Ruh Fab corp. Kansas.The price tag on the Isuzu cab is around 35000 and the price tag on my body was around 19000.I know it seems like alot of money but I love the setup and would not trade for anything else.If your interested in more info feel free to ask.I will do my best to help you.

blair smock
01-19-2005, 01:26 PM
Thanks alot, I finally got my truck and all my equipment paid for and now I have something to shoot for. :blob3: Very Very nice, you should be proud! Take care, Blair

ztoro
01-19-2005, 01:56 PM
Franniedog,

sweet setup, I love those no trailer setups. The only thing that concerns me is when and if you breakdown.... How long will the truck be on the lift.. do you have any provisional plans in case this happens? or would you have to hault operations until it was ready..

And what about servicing? do you have to plan to not work for the day?

none the less a cool a$$ rig

franniedog
01-19-2005, 04:00 PM
Hi there Ztoro,For 23 years I basically only ran with one truck and one trailer.Every so often something unexpected happened and I lost a day or two mowing but always found other things to do.So you see this was not a big concern when I decided to buy this truck.Yes you have to have this serviced at a commercial garage but I also had my dodges serviced as well.From the people I have talked to these Isuzus are tough and if you watch the streets so many delivery outfitts are using them.That to me spells depedability.I did have a computer problem last year.It was fixed under warranty in a day.So yes I would tell anyone and I do that this is the ULTIMATE TRUCK

wroughtn_harv
01-19-2005, 08:26 PM
That is a nice rig. Is the bed painted or is that powder coat?

I too am a one man show. Always figured we had to choose between tools and fools. I like tools.

I don't do lawns. I make things.

franniedog
01-20-2005, 12:10 PM
The bed is painted,it would be real nice if it was powder coated but would probably cost a fortune.

wroughtn_harv
01-20-2005, 12:35 PM
The bed is painted,it would be real nice if it was powder coated but would probably cost a fortune.

It's all about comparing apples or oranges. If you took your truck ready for paint to a body shop for color you'd probably find powder coating pretty competive. But if you took to a welding shop to have it done then powder coating would look pretty high.

I'm building a headache rack for a remodeler's 2002 one ton utility bed. It's going to have three colors, white--color of truck, green--color of mallard's head and reeds, yellow--color of seed pod of cattail and bill of mallard. I'm looking at two seventy five or so out the door.

If I took this thing down to a autobody paint shop they'd want at least that much. Granted it would probably have a little better detail work. But it wouldn't hold up like the powder coat will. And this is a work truck of a man who loves to hunt ducks and wants to make a statement to other guys with work trucks and like to hunt ducks.

Here's a picture of Lucy. She's my truck. I built the bed. This one's a year ago Valentine's Day.

wroughtn_harv
01-20-2005, 12:40 PM
This is her looking through the fence in a fence panel of year's past.

I named her Lucy for the obvious reasons.

I once had a woman ask me why I name my welding trucks women's names. She about died when I replied, "ever seen a butt like that on a boy?"

Greenhorn1980
01-27-2005, 10:49 AM
Wow, I get goosebumps just looking at it. Did you have input into the design? Submit specs.?

jreiff
01-27-2005, 11:05 PM
wroughtn_harv- you have any close up picks of your truck? Love the truck. Looks good.

Jpocket
02-21-2005, 08:51 PM
Im at a loss for words! :blob3: :angry: :dizzy: :cool2: :pumpkin: payup :D :waving:

wroughtn_harv
02-23-2005, 07:02 AM
Wow, I get goosebumps just looking at it. Did you have input into the design? Submit specs.?

One of the advantages of being an old man is I have a history of unique. This customer wanted something different. I provided him with a concept and he bought it.

The cattle brands in the design all came from either his or hers family ranches. Or were designed by me to reflect the names of the kids. I came up with seven brands and we repeated the pattern.

I live to do the unique. The rock gate on my web page is an example of that. In Texas there's a million state of Texas designs in gates. Little old ladies by them from guys at flea markets and then want them in their fence or gates. But I had never seen a rock state of Texas in a gate. So I made one.

Of course it took a customer wanting the one off to pay for it.

I have found my truck a real asset for demonstrating the quality of work that I do. It's a rolling billboard of what I'm capable of doing.

And never ever doubt the power of reputation. That doesn't matter if it's good or bad. In no time at all your reputation will precede you. It will either open doors you'd never normally hear about. Or it will slam shut those you really want a chance at.

I figure it's one of the guys from this site that recommended me to a lady the other day. She wants a wood fence done with clear lumber and stainless fasteners. A "Southern Living magazine" kind of fence she said. "Not a Home Depot kind." She got my name from a young man at a nursery.

Thanks fella.

franniedog
02-23-2005, 08:38 AM
Jpocket

If you are at a loss for words looking at the pictures you should see this rig in person.I have had the truck since June and I look out my window and I too am at a loss for words,I just love this truck and would buy it again in a heartbeat.Not a day goes by in season that someone stops and asks to look at her.

Mr.Mow-It-All
02-26-2005, 08:17 PM
Franniedog,
Awsome set up. I have been brainstorming for years for a way to dump a days worth of clippings from my walker out. VERY VERY IMPRESSED. After using it for a few months now, is it even better than expected. Someone mentioned earlier in the post they thought the Dump n go was about 18k, is that a fair ball park. I don't necessarily want to know how much you paid for your setup, just a ball park for what they are from the factory.

Thanks,
Congrats!

Mr.Mow-It-All
02-26-2005, 08:57 PM
Im at a loss for words!

Yeh me too!!!!!!!! :cool2: :blob3: :waving: :angel: :blob1: :blob2:

Mr.Mow-It-All
02-27-2005, 08:19 AM
Hey out of curiosity, what kind of fuel economy do you get with the 4 cly turbo diesel?

franniedog
02-27-2005, 08:22 AM
Morning mow it all

Well I have had this rig since June and I too am at a loss for words.Yes the actual dump and go body is in the neihborhood of 18000.And yes it is all that I wanted and more.I can go on and on about this setup.No more stressing with trailers.Have all my equipment on the deck and then several days worth of grass and nothing ever sticks when you empty her.It is fun to use remote when you cycle grass into her.It is great to hydraulically lower tailgate.The truck itself is a sheerpleasure to drive!!!If you want any info yopu could pm and I would be very happy to talk on phone.That is how I started my process of getting mine.Thanks Jeff

grass disaster
02-27-2005, 11:45 AM
Morning mow it all

Well I have had this rig since June and I too am at a loss for words.Yes the actual dump and go body is in the neihborhood of 18000.And yes it is all that I wanted and more.I can go on and on about this setup.No more stressing with trailers.Have all my equipment on the deck and then several days worth of grass and nothing ever sticks when you empty her.It is fun to use remote when you cycle grass into her.It is great to hydraulically lower tailgate.The truck itself is a sheerpleasure to drive!!!If you want any info yopu could pm and I would be very happy to talk on phone.That is how I started my process of getting mine.Thanks Jeff

GET OVER IT ALREADY.
SO YOU HAVE A COOL TRUCK BIG DEAL!

cgland
02-27-2005, 05:14 PM
ROFLMAO! I was hoping someone would say it sooner or later! :sleeping:

Bull
02-28-2005, 12:51 AM
GET OVER IT ALREADY.
SO YOU HAVE A COOL TRUCK BIG DEAL!

Yea and evidently you don't so GET OVER IT!!!
I appreciate seeing someone accomplish their goals and at the same time be so willing to share with others. Don't ruin a good thread by letting your ignorance make a public appearance.

wroughtn_harv
02-28-2005, 07:06 AM
I appreciate seeing someone accomplish their goals and at the same time be so willing to share with others. Don't ruin a good thread by letting your ignorance make a public appearance.

According to grassmaster's profile he's been in business a year and has no equipment, not even a truck. :rolleyes:

As the owner of a one off custom work truck I can testify to the respect one gets right out of the door. The don't-or-can't-pays assume you're too expensive and that saves both parties time and effort. Those who want the best and are willing to pay for it are instantly interested.

And then there's the competitors...............btw most of them are appreciative of the statement. Then there's that don't appreciate anything anyhoo. :)

I'm proud for him. He's got a killer truck he's worked hard for and appreciates. That kind of rig says he's good at what he does and is proud of it.

Mr.Mow-It-All
02-28-2005, 08:22 AM
I'm proud for him. He's got a killer truck he's worked hard for and appreciates. That kind of rig says he's good at what he does and is proud of it.

I totaly agree!! Great Job!

Franniedog, I can't PM you yet, I am not old enough on this site LOL! But I would like to talk to you a little more about your truck. E-mail me if you don't mind and I will send you my number

mrmowitall@sbcglobal.net

GTLC
02-28-2005, 11:28 AM
Sounds like somebody is jealous.

grass disaster
02-28-2005, 04:20 PM
if you only knew.

in all actuallity, i OWN a
2001 chevy hd extended cab
18' open trailer
54" kubota diesel
bunch of hand helds- no more than 3 years old
just bought a new tthp $5500 exmark today
$20000 71 challenger
YES this is all mine/not the banks like this guyz little truck

well i did have to take a small loan for my home
$250,000 home

not to BRAG or anything

wroughtn_harv
03-01-2005, 07:10 AM
if you only knew.

18' open trailer
54" kubota diesel
$20000 71 challenger

$250,000 home

not to BRAG or anything

That's wonderful.

I'm proud for you.

Just proves you can't judge by appearances.

Judging by your attitude here I would never have thought you could be a smooth enough talker-operator to aquire all that in the first year of business and have it all paid for.

Good job. Nice house.

indy2tall
08-06-2005, 10:43 PM
if you only knew.

18' open trailer
54" kubota diesel
$20000 71 challenger

$250,000 home

not to BRAG or anything

GrassmasterLLC,
You may or may not own that stuff but it still won't change the fact that you are a first class jerk. More than likely you have a rich daddy that fronted the money for you because if you had earned it all yourself cutting grass you would be able to appreciate Franniedog's dedication to his business. Read a different thread if you don't like what Franniedog has to say. Franniedog keep up the good work and thanks for the thread on your awesome truck.

ToroLandscaper
08-07-2005, 10:02 PM
if you only knew.

18' open trailer
54" kubota diesel
$20000 71 challenger

$250,000 home

not to BRAG or anything

I would rather own that guys setup than yours.

Lawnworks
08-10-2005, 08:11 AM
Yeah really

John Gamba
08-10-2005, 08:36 AM

Thats a nice setup.
John

MLI
08-10-2005, 08:41 AM
...its been a year now since youve owned this rig. Im wondering if you still love it?.....any problems with system? After the newness wore off....would you still buy another unit?! Personally I love the setup!

franniedog
08-10-2005, 01:09 PM
Yes MLI,I would do it again in a heartbeat.I have nt said much about the truck lately and have tried to lay low, for as you can read there were a few people on here who thought that when I was answering questions posed by some readers that I was over exposing the truck.Well anyway I do get stopped on a regular basis and asked about it.I do truly enjoy having it and it does make my work easier.

Lawnworks
08-10-2005, 11:42 PM
Are you still a one man crew or have you picked up some amigos? You sure have some NICE equipment for being a solo operator.

franniedog
08-11-2005, 06:32 AM
I am all solo for my mowing.I do have one person help for my shrub and hedge work as well as fall cleanups.This seems to work well for me and my setup.

CrewCutEnterprises
08-11-2005, 11:58 PM
I love your rig, I normally browse posts and do not reply but, I thought this information might prove important to someone. If you are a one man crew, This guy has a nice idea with a grasshopper bagging mower that dumps into the truck, if i was a one man crew... its here http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=115875

Frannie, I do love the truck. I saw a company today with an international crew cab with the dump and go system and a 20 ft box on it. They look very productive.

CrewCutEnterprises
08-11-2005, 11:59 PM
Here is a pic to sucker you in...

burroughslawnservice
08-18-2005, 03:17 PM
Please let us know how much this awesome rig cost and where to get one. Is it possible to get one enclosed?

burroughslawnservice
08-18-2005, 03:21 PM
I wasn't sure if I replied to the correct picture.

Please give me the phone number of the place where you purchased this rig. Thanks.

Burroughs Lawn Service

franniedog
08-19-2005, 06:52 AM
The rig goes for aound 540000.They are made by Un-Ruh fab co. and are called Dump and Gos.If you have any questions just write me or even call me and I would be happy to help you anyway i can.Thanks Jeff.If you want to call PM me for my number.

burroughslawnservice
08-19-2005, 12:43 PM
The rig goes for aound 540000.They are made by Un-Ruh fab co. and are called Dump and Gos.If you have any questions just write me or even call me and I would be happy to help you anyway i can.Thanks Jeff.If you want to call PM me for my number.

Do you mean $540,000.00 or $54,000.00. I don't think many people in this business could ever afford a .5 million dollar truck. Just a little overpriced. ;)

Lazer_Z
08-19-2005, 01:20 PM
Do you mean $540,000.00 or $54,000.00. I don't think many people in this business could ever afford a .5 million dollar truck. Just a little overpriced. ;)
burroughs,His total came to $54K. He said it was $35K for the truck and another $19K for the body.

Hope this helps

Rob

On edit,franniedog nice truck man and I'm glad it's working out for you.

burroughslawnservice
08-20-2005, 12:58 PM
:D burroughs,His total came to $54K. He said it was $35K for the truck and another $19K for the body.

Hope this helps

Rob

On edit,franniedog nice truck man and I'm glad it's working out for you.

Thanks for the clarification. I missed those figures. I've already contacted the manufacturer. They can arrange the body as you request. My idea was to have an enclosed body with small office, bathroom and A/C. Well see what happens. Might be streching my idea too far. Doesn't hurt to atleast inquire.

DAN-O'S TURF MANAGEMENT
08-24-2005, 11:20 PM
What a machine!.....Need to have one of those monsters down here in Oklahoma, for sure! Thanks!....Dan-o's Turf Management

S man
08-25-2005, 12:01 AM
Now all you need is the kitchen sink.

RedWolf
08-25-2005, 08:20 PM
Man that setup looks like it could run rings around mine.And the isuzu NPR trucks rock.

mcwlandscaping
09-03-2005, 09:13 PM
Hows the gas mileage? I love the truck!

Critical Care
09-04-2005, 01:55 PM
Well, franniedog, you know that there are a lot of guys on here that only mulch and have stated over and over again that they would never collect grass, but I'm willing to bet that if you pulled up next to them with your setup they would probably feel a bit jealous.

Wonder if you could mount a billygoat or similar leaf vac system on your rig for the fall cleanup jobs...

franniedog
09-04-2005, 07:18 PM
You can mount a leaf vac and I do that.I go up a couple of feet on the debris box and enclose it.The system works just fine.

S man
09-04-2005, 09:44 PM
I saw a truck like that in sulphur where we evacuated to. They must be popular.

DBL
09-05-2005, 10:55 AM
Ive seen many of the dovetail trucks but none with the hydraulic tailgate and none with the self loading dump that really is a great truck. Im impressed

Drew Gemma
11-07-2006, 04:28 PM
I am looking for something like dump and go a box with a live floor any suggestions

Tim03
11-11-2006, 04:50 AM
Hi!

Its been a couple of years now. How is it holding up?
Anything new to share? What kind is gas mileage do you get?

Tharrell
11-11-2006, 07:45 AM
Yeah, I'd like to know how this cool rig is doing. I'd also like to see some pics of the underside of the beavertail if possible.

franniedog
11-13-2006, 03:12 PM
Hi Tim

Sorry to be so long in responding but I have been busy.The truck is still doing fine.I don't post much about it because some people complained that all I did was brag about it.That was not meant to be the case but I guess to some it sounded that way.I really don't pay attention to the gas mileage as I had a v-10 before this so anything is better than that.I have my leaf loader on it now so it really is a truck for 3 seasons.I still enjoy drving it and still get stopped by people to view it.Any more questions feel free to ask.

Thanks Jeff

DUSTYCEDAR
11-13-2006, 03:58 PM
brag all u want u have a nice ride

CrewCutEnterprises
11-13-2006, 06:17 PM
Hey I would love to see pictures of the leaf vac mounted on the truck.

Thansk in advance

Hi Tim

Sorry to be so long in responding but I have been busy.The truck is still doing fine.I don't post much about it because some people complained that all I did was brag about it.That was not meant to be the case but I guess to some it sounded that way.I really don't pay attention to the gas mileage as I had a v-10 before this so anything is better than that.I have my leaf loader on it now so it really is a truck for 3 seasons.I still enjoy drving it and still get stopped by people to view it.Any more questions feel free to ask.

Thanks Jeff

Tim03
11-14-2006, 02:20 AM
Hi Tim

Thanks Jeff

Its good to hear that you have had no major concerns after two years of use.
I too would like to see your truck now that you have added the leaf loader.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Tharrell
11-14-2006, 04:15 AM
Hey man, don't worry about the guys who post negatives. They have a choice to post or not and they choose to show their jealous streaks. I'm with you on being productive and you seem to have the most productive setup for a solo operation.

J&R Landscaping
11-14-2006, 12:15 PM
Very, very proffesional looking!

Gene $immons
11-15-2006, 12:19 AM
What a great truck. I was wondering how the moving floor system for debris has held up, and how many square feet of debris it can hold.

You the man.

Prestige-Lawncare
11-15-2006, 10:36 AM
Nice outfit ... and a great one for a solo.

Congrats on your success!

:drinkup:

ALBsun1
11-16-2006, 10:49 AM
I also would like to see some pics of your leaf set up. Nice.

kevhov
12-06-2007, 11:08 PM
How many times can you dump the walker in the debris box?

grassman177
12-08-2007, 01:10 PM
that thing is really sweet. i dont need a debri loader but if i did that thing is really sweet.

mark_the_psycho
12-08-2007, 06:34 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2084/1755569090_36167f9c9e_m.jpg

leaflandscape
12-10-2007, 02:28 PM
Man, that's awesome. I think I'm gonna start working wherever you are, the toys look really sweet.

Turfcutters Plus
12-14-2007, 11:43 AM
You are my solo hero!I'm solo and could afford to buy omething like that.Hmmmmmm.The truck matches my ego,but would it scare some off?So what.I've been working on a z on pick-up idea,my handy ramp not strong enough for daily use but ok to take to repair shop like that if needed.Some days taking 36 hydro on truck.NICE system there.I'm worried the dove tail on some super trucks being too high.When z(52''toro)loads now with wet tires sometimes i need running start.I have tandom 13'side and rear gated trailor now.I need back up trailor 5 by 8 or a super truck bed for my 93 1500 GMC.This is my back-up truck.I'm crazy enough to put this super bed on it.HMMMMMMMMMMM.Again man,you are my hero! ps,i don't haul a thing though:weightlifter:

jmfoxllc
12-17-2007, 01:29 AM
Very very nice, what does a rig like that cost used?

Scgentlman1
01-03-2008, 08:38 PM
Grassmaster, its a shame that you have to make comments like that. we are suppose to be adults here but as I can see some of us haven't learned respect for our fellow man. If you dont have anything nice to say in the future do us all a favor. DON'T REPLY

franniedog
01-04-2008, 01:26 PM
Hey Guys

Just wanted to drop a note of thanks for so many of you who are supportive.It actually does hurt a little when you get ragged on for just trying to answer the questions of people who are interested in learning a little more about something they might want to acquire themselves.

I am doing well and still own my rig.and As i see there were a few who questioned whether or not I did own it,I do and it was paid for in full ayear and a half after I bought it.It stil runs great and I would make the same deal over again if I had too.

I use this site to gather insight from others comments and I believe others do as well.

Again thanks so much guys for all your great replies.They are greatly appreciated.

Franniedog

MLI
01-04-2008, 02:48 PM
Are you still solo?......and was going solo with this rig the road to higher profits?

franniedog
01-04-2008, 03:46 PM
I am still solo and will remain so for the rest of my career.As for more profits,In my case I was able to unleash the help.downsize the customer load until I had no pitas and close up my account area for less driving and still make the same money as I was with help.

I must say with the setup I have I really could go after the really high end customer and promote Bagging and hauling for the Ultimate high end look.And of course charge for the LOOOK!!!I might actually try that thios year.Remember tho I have been at this for 30 years and am looking at it from a far different perspective than young guys that have years to go.

BOTTOM LINE FOR ME ITS IDEAL!!!!!

Supper Grassy
01-04-2008, 05:35 PM
Looks good

DUSTYCEDAR
01-05-2008, 11:56 AM
nice to see that the truck is working out

Lawnworks
01-05-2008, 03:55 PM
I am still solo and will remain so for the rest of my career.As for more profits,In my case I was able to unleash the help.downsize the customer load until I had no pitas and close up my account area for less driving and still make the same money as I was with help.

I must say with the setup I have I really could go after the really high end customer and promote Bagging and hauling for the Ultimate high end look.And of course charge for the LOOOK!!!I might actually try that thios year.Remember tho I have been at this for 30 years and am looking at it from a far different perspective than young guys that have years to go.

BOTTOM LINE FOR ME ITS IDEAL!!!!!

Sounds like you have pretty good cliental if you paid that thing off in a 18 months while being solo! Glad to see you still making the cheese after 4 years. How many miles do you have on it now? Still using the Walkers?

franniedog
01-05-2008, 04:07 PM
Yes I still use a walker tho it is a newer model,now 2 years old.The truck now has 25,000 miles and really is running great.I did have to put a couple new batteries in this fall but that really has been all that I have had to do so far.

Lawnworks
01-05-2008, 04:29 PM
That truck isn't even broke in yet. I guess you do have a tight route! What kind of mileage are you getting? I have a couple NPRs and they both get 12mpg no matter what the conditions are.

NCIlandscaping
01-05-2008, 04:50 PM
That setup is nice, wish I could run one but we use our trucks for plowing too

sure cut
07-07-2008, 05:57 PM
drooool. that is sweet, and wou;ld be perfect for the narrow dead end streets around here. hmmm, diy methinkjs

Sweet Tater
07-07-2008, 07:06 PM
North Wales huh? hows the grass on your side of the pond?
Welcome to LS

Ground Control Lawn Care
07-15-2008, 12:10 PM
WOW that is amazing how much did it put you back

Scagmower48
07-15-2008, 05:11 PM
fannie, im in southington also, where do u get rid of your debris?

JohnnyRoyale
07-15-2008, 10:06 PM
I have seen alot of different setups over the years and modified some of my own, but I have never seen something so perfect for the application. WOW. Congrats on that truck, and thanks for sharing.

JohnnyRoyale
07-15-2008, 10:09 PM
Man, I have never gone back to the beginning of a thread till now. Im so impressed. Question-if you had to do it all over, what would you change in the design/material choice?

grassetc
08-28-2009, 10:52 PM
please let me know if you ever want to sell that rig with dumpngo thanks, Dave

2brothersyardcare
08-29-2009, 09:49 AM
old thread

Tim03
08-29-2009, 12:53 PM
Its an old thread but I am interested on how he is doing with his rig. He has 5 years on the clock now, he could give some real insight.

rusty_keg_3
08-29-2009, 05:37 PM
Its an old thread but I am interested on how he is doing with his rig. He has 5 years on the clock now, he could give some real insight.

Thats what i was thinking...

becpropertymaint.
12-19-2010, 05:18 PM
2.5 year bump :)

Lefet
12-19-2010, 05:48 PM
That rig is awesome. How IS it treating you these days I wonder?

pinecrestwoods
12-19-2010, 06:16 PM
Well, he hasn't been on since July of '08, but you never know. Maybe someone could poke him with a stick and see if he moves.

C & T Landscaping
12-19-2010, 06:19 PM
Well, he hasn't been on since July of '08, but you never know. Maybe someone could poke him with a stick and see if he moves.

:laugh::laugh:Oh man Thanks for that laugh:laugh::laugh::drinkup:

Lefet
12-19-2010, 06:25 PM
Yeah, maybe he's in the truck.
I've been looking online and can't find anything about that truck. Wonder if they still make them.

Lefet
12-19-2010, 06:31 PM

You know that IS quite a while.............................

bobcat48
12-19-2010, 06:36 PM
really nice.your setup looks great,i like it.

pinecrestwoods
12-19-2010, 06:41 PM
Nice truck, for sure. Too much for me, to date, but it'd be fun!

I did really enjoy becpropertymaint.'s "2.5 year bump"!!!!!!!! hahahaha!!!!

No disrespect, there, Lefet. I's just a smartazz. :-)

I hope the guy's okay, though, or I'm just a really big prick.

Lefet
12-19-2010, 06:45 PM
Nice truck, for sure. Too much for me, to date, but it'd be fun!

I did really enjoy becpropertymaint.'s "2.5 year bump"!!!!!!!! hahahaha!!!!

No disrespect, there, Lefet. I's just a smartazz. :-)

I hope the guy's okay, though, or I'm just a really big prick.

None taken!!:cool2:

Barefoot James
12-19-2010, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the 2.5 year bump - I read them all - the guys humbleness is AWESOME. He created his own niche and I really can not believe no manufacturer does not promote this truck. Put a box on it and it would be PERFECT. This rig just rocks. Been on this site awhile and never saw this thread - I hope he gets back to us all.

Lefet
12-19-2010, 07:46 PM
Just what I was thinkin... all it needs is a cover!

Jason Rose
12-19-2010, 07:54 PM
I believe the rig is long since out of production. A somewhat local company actually took over building them in the end, I was approched by the owner of the company asking me if I had any interest in one. A local guy as well had demoed one and in the original video that was on their site (both gone now) it was their equipemt and guys! I got a good look at it up close, crazy rig for sure. Practical for everyone? Not at all... But for a small niche of people it was awesome. I'm sure this is the reason they aren't in production any more...

Kincaid Equipment Mfg., known in our industry for hydro seeders, is the company that was supposedly building them. This was probably 4 years ago or so though... I've searched for them as well and never had any luck either. I just wanted the basket that runs on the track that dumps into the bed! That would be awesome if someone adapted that to fit on various dump beds.

ACA25
12-21-2010, 04:42 PM
These are what we run, I like having them enclosed. Have some with dumpers and some without. Won't go back to running trailers ever again for maintenance.

http://www.superlawntrucks.com/

grassman177
12-21-2010, 10:34 PM
i remember this thread and wish the guy was on here more, some guys get on for a couple of years and then lose interst, or die.