PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever used Solucal?

ArchiesLawns
06-18-2004, 12:24 AM
Has anyone ever used Solucal? If so, who makes this product? What kind of results did you get? How would you rate it?

Any information would be helpful.

Thanks,

Archie

ArizPestWeed
06-18-2004, 01:33 AM
What is it ?

TSM
06-18-2004, 08:51 AM
solucal is an excellent water soluable calcium product. we use it and feel it is heads and heals over any other lime product on the market.
it is recommended to apply it when the soil temps are at their warmest. That does create a small problem, for us anyway. we apply it from mid august thru sept. We often are dealing with high humidity during that time. the product is so soluable that the humidity makes it difficult to spread at times.
The other thing we really like about solucal is that is is made by a local company (local for us anyway)
RF MOrse they can be reached @ 508-295-1553
We use the product blended with fert as a maintenance rate of calcium. If you have lawns with low pH problems there is no other product that will raise the pH quicker.

CM3
06-18-2004, 10:25 AM
I agree with TSM. It is a great product.

ArchiesLawns
06-20-2004, 11:07 AM
Does it come in a granular product aswell? Also, what is the cost ?

Do you sell it seperate or as part of your program?

Thanks,

Archie

TSM
06-20-2004, 05:06 PM
solucal is a granular product.
you can get it with fert or straight
we generally use it with fert...thinking the analysis is 13-0-6 (but to be honest i dont have that info with me here, going by memory)
It is part of our program...if a lawn has very low pH then we sell a supplimental application of solucal

read more at this link
http://www.solu-cal.com/