PDA

View Full Version : Torpedo Grass

NBS
06-18-2004, 04:18 PM
Need some advice. I'm a simple home owner obsessed with my lawn. I bought my house 3 years ago and the yard was a mess. I've spent a good amount of time and effort bringing it back to health. Last year I realized 1/3 of my front yard and spots around the side and back had TORPEDO GRASS! I read and read and decided to use a product (can't remember name) which was suppose to be selective in what it killed. It seemed to have work, but didn't seem to be very selective. I then dethached, aerated and overseeded/starter fert. I was very happy with result (for my first attempt). Now I've noticed to my horror the freakin' torpedo grass is trying to make a comeback. Is there any other product I can use besides ROUNDUP which will only kill the Torpedo Grass and not my Kentucky 31? I think I already know the answer, but thought I'd ask the Pro's before I start killing my lawn.

Thanks,

NBS
06-28-2004, 11:01 AM
OK......I did some research on my own and found a chemical which seems to be working called "Ornamec". Will not hurt Tall Fescue, Blue Grass.......

MrBarefoot
06-29-2004, 04:14 PM
Well, I don't know.

I took a look at the label for Ornamec, it looks like a promising product, if it can really do what I think the label says it can.

We have never used Ornamec in my company, so I would wait until you hear from someone who has used it before you start spraying.

Good Luck

Avery
06-29-2004, 10:29 PM
Ornamec work OK but you will get better results from Fusilade II. I have used both.

NBS
06-30-2004, 10:21 AM
Thanks for the help.....just put down second treatment of ornamec and it does seem to be working. I'm sure it will pop back up next year and when it does I'll use the Fusilade......This stuff is really tuff, just glad I don't have to use Roundup to get rid of it.