PDA

View Full Version : fungicide treatment offered as part of your program?

RasterBlaster
06-18-2004, 10:51 PM
I'm looking to offer fungicide treatments after what's been going on around here this year. Any of you transition zone folks offer a fungicide treatment program? I'm thinking of offering 3 or 4 treatments, all in the spring/early summer spaced @ 3 weeks apart.

Green Pastures
06-19-2004, 03:58 AM
No, that stuff is to expensive and I can make to much money on it if I don't include it.

MrBarefoot
06-19-2004, 07:42 AM
I offer them, but only to customers who demand the most from their lawns and are willing to pay the big buck for them.

Strangely when I started offering them, I found the most popular service was a PCNB winterizer treatment, to prevent snow mold!?!?

If you offer them, charge accordingly.

James Cormier
06-19-2004, 09:00 AM
We offered mostly a red thread preventive apps this season, The customers that have been struggling with red thread ate it up, I charged alot for it.

The problem, well it didnt work, I was never a fan of fungi's just cause I knew alot more rides on control diseases other than fungi's, These customer recieve aeration several times a year, 5lbs of N, water and mow properly, but they struggle with red thread every year, I thought fungi's was the missing link.

timturf
06-19-2004, 09:00 AM
Usually with proper cultural programs, the turf disease pressure not severe enough to justify fungicide program on home lawns.

RasterBlaster
06-19-2004, 10:02 AM
James,
What did you use, and how often did you apply? In reading the labels the range is anywhere from 7 days to 30 days, depending upon curative rates, preventative rates and so on. Why do you think you had such bad results?

timturf
06-19-2004, 06:15 PM
James,

5 lbs of n/m is alot of fert on home lawns in my area, got to be a ton for maine!

James Cormier
06-19-2004, 06:40 PM
Tim, I m in mass, but all the same, my normal program is 3.5-4 lbs per year, but I do have some High maintenance people that require more, Im gonna try increasing my Iron and see if I can decrease my N.

You would think I would be complaining about leafspot, meltout or fusiuriam blight ( sp? ) but red thread is a major problem up here. the good thing is everone has it not just me.

James Cormier
06-19-2004, 06:42 PM
Raster, I use bayleton granular, I applied 2 treatments 20-25 days apart at 2.5lbs per k as the label stated.

I wanted to use 17-0-17 with bayleton but no one could find it for me.

TSM
06-19-2004, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by timturf
Usually with proper cultural programs, the turf disease pressure not severe enough to justify fungicide program on home lawns.

true, except with red thread, at least here in Massachusetts, red thread is a major problem here. And I believe the disease has evolved over the years. Used to be you'd see red thread end of may into june...now any given time of the season.

proper cultural practices or not